Chapter 41 - Special Chapter (2)

Shandrelle | Sparks Fly

"Is that all you got?" I yelled at her as the rain competes with her hearing.

"Yah! Come here! You'll seriously pay for this!" she yelled back and although quite blurry because of the rain, I was able to adjust my vision and saw her charging towards me.

She was right. Dancing— well more like playing under the rain is fun. I felt carefree, like I was on the loose. I was able to fly, like a hatchling that got its first ever chance to flap its wings, fly through and soar high.

The dewdrops continue to pour non-stop. But unlike earlier, thunders and lightnings were starting to subside, only the heavy rain carries on.

"Nieeh, what the hell?" I hissed as the water flooded from a concave ground splashes through me when she jumped on it.

"That's for soaking me!" tho it's kinda foggy, I can see her sticking out her tongue and mocking me.

Darn woman.

"You won't get away with this" I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand to have a clear vision to aim my target.

"Catch me if you can!" she runs like she was flash on Marvel's the Avengers.

I didn't waste any minute and run with the wind. Lucky for me I was able to catch her, thanks to these legs.

"Gotcha! Now it's payback time" I popped on my toes and hopped against the puddle around us.

"Shandrelle!" she screeched as the water splashes everywhere on her.

Hah. Two can play it that game.

"Yah! Stop it— ah!"

Holy shit.

I stopped my silly game and approached her.

"Nieeh, what happened? Are you hurt? Is it painful? Where? Tell me!" I grasp both her shoulders. Fuck! I must've splash some on her eyes.

"Ah! I c- can't... " shit! She clutches her eyelids with the back of her hand and nudges it.

Fucking shit! What did I just do?!

"Nieeh, let me see. Tak—"

"Hah! Gotcha!" everything went fast, the next thing I knew she was already a meter away from me, and still counting.

Damn, actress of the year.

I actually don't know what to feel right now. Am I supposed to get mad that she fooled me? Or jump out of joy because she didn't got hurt?

But the second one really prevails.

"You got clowned!" her laughters can be clearly heard by now as the rain starts to subside.

For every laugh she bears, is an absolute symphony in my ears.

"You're lucky I love you!" my heart races frantic as it anticipates for her response.

I can't believe I just said that. Do I really love this woman right now? Did I really fell in love with this goofy child-like woman who's mocking and probably rejoicing and laughing uncontrollably by now after her victory of attempt in fooling me?

"What?!" she yells as she cups her hand behind her ear and pulling it forward to make my voice louder and clearer to snag more sound waves.

I snort at the hearing impairment of this woman.

"What did you say?!" she repeats but with a much louder voice.

"Come here and I'll say it again!" we look like a bunch of neighbors living in a farm house in a province as we exchanged our conversations by shouting at each other.