Chapter 58

Levi | Dead

Restless. Do you happen to have that feeling where it's your first defense on your thesis project and you just feel anxious, nervous? Three pair of eyes dawning at you- one with an old school fashion style, a denim jeans with a slick shirt covered with a blazer top. The one who is focused on his job, eyes never left the pieces of paper placed on top of his table while scanning it, finding errors as he chews the tip of his pencil- its eraser for his meal. Disgusting but you know, ain't being a hypocrite, because we've once all been in that phase. Second pair- the one with a formal manner, a pencil-shaped fitted skirt with a tucked in white blouse and sleeves neatly rolled upto the forearm, typical business-minded kinda mode. The one who rests her back slumped on the back of her chair with crossed legs and arms, doesn't really give a shit about your proposal because she's just busy eyeing you from head to toe, watching your every move and you could swear that even the breathings you performed, she managed to keep a count on it. Creepy, yeah, I know. Last one- of course who would've forgot the normal one? Casual poise, a nicely ironed polo shirt also tucked in with its slacks and his shiny buckle on his belt that pricks your sight by looking at it and the first one that catches your attention if you happened to have a glance at him. Sitting relaxed at his chair and exchanging glances on your document and then back at you. And you know it's your dooms day when he catches your gaze and held it with his powerful lips parting to ask questions about your project. Petrifying, Jesus.

All this at once I'm feeling as I watch every downfall shift of the elevator's number. It striked GF, which means—

"Nieeh."

The doors parted either side and she was standing inside.

"Lev!"

I immediately felt her arms on my neck when she jumped on me as soon as her brain recognizes me.

My heart warms and fires at the same time. The sudden pain and longing as I look at her while all the words left from my father's mouth flashing leniently in my memory. I can't believe I was blind to not see that I've been living with my own sister. I never once doubted that I did felt some strong bond with her company, as if I've always felt like I knew her for a long time. I just didn't come to a conclusion where it was beyond my expectation to think that she would be my sister.

I should be happy about this but I can't. As far as my memory lane gets, she always said that she hates her father. She resents her father so much that her grievance towards him was like counting stars in the galaxy, countless, infinite. I never understood her pain not until my father confirmed that Nieeh's mother died because of him, with his own hands. Now tell me, how can I be grateful about this? Should I even be one? How can I tell her that the person whom she hated so much wasn't really that distant from her? That her father was so close and yet somehow so far to her. That her father was her bestfriend's father. Her father was my father.

How would she take all these? Would she be mad at me? Would she resent me too?

"Earth to Levi, hey!" I flinched when she snaps me out of my trance.

I went to meet her in her company. She informed us that she'd be back here for her director's favor. After the encounter with my father with all the information thrown at me, slapped at me, I knew I have to do the right thing. I won't let this get any worse than it already has been.

"You're spacing out, you okay?" she asks worriedly.

I cleared my throat and gathered up all the senses left in me.

"I have something to discuss with you" I tried my best calm voice in order to not freak her out as I am already in my state right now.

"O... kay. About what?" she shoots her brows up and threw me a perplexed look.