Chapter 45

Nieeh | Soulmate

The truth.

Speak nothing but the truth. In that way, you'll be able to avoid serious consequences in the near future. There's no other way around but to tell the truth than to be deceived with white lies.

Minávonne's right. There's nothing to hide. If she loves me, she'll understand me, right?

I have to tell her the truth.

Deep breaths. Okay. I'm okay. I got this.

"Poo?" I called as we broke the kiss.

The cold breeze started to hit us which caused a shiver to ran down our spines. Like how your body quiver- an aftermath after you urinate.

"Mm?" she hums and I could see the vibration run through her throat.

She stares. Her eyes glow, beaming with yellow struck that speaks to me with happiness, joy, telling me how I saved her from her own chaos, how I saved her from herself, how I became her safe place, her home, and how I became her biggest adventure, all at once.

I know. Because she mirrors mine. It was all yellow. She was all yellow. She is my yellow.

My heart beats eratically. If she loves you, she'll eventually understand you, one way or another.

She deserves to know. She deserves the truth. The truth about your past. She may not be a part of it but she will be a part of your future.

"Hey, you okay?" she whispered under her breath while her hand reaches my face and tucks away the strands that were insisting to conceal her best view.

She has to know. She needs to know.

"Poo, there's something you should know about me" I maintained my eye contact, letting her know that what I'm about to say is a matter of life and death.

"M'kay. Spill it baby. I'm all ears" her eyes disappeared as her smile made visible.

I swallowed a huge imaginary lump stuck on my throat. It's funny how I had trouble swallowing it, it's like it was the truth. I've been meaning to swallow it and just hide it forever and let the acids in my stomach thaw it and disappear in thin air. But it can't, the more I try to glide it down, my throat refuses to accept it. It wants to go out, and the harder I deflect, the harder it chokes me, strangling me to death by wanting itself to set free.

"I'm... I'm not who you think you are. I... I'm lying to myself and to you of... w- who I really am" I never removed my gaze to her nor did I even blink.

The adrenaline starts to fire up. It creeps its way to my blood stream and making my heart race ferociously.

"What?" and the horror starts to sink. The glow on her eyes immediately vanished in a blink of an eye.

"Listen, I... I—"

"Y- you lied to me? And still are? What... j- just who are you really?" her eyes darkens. A shade of dark brown replaced her light and yellow iris earlier.

She was mad. She was furious.

"Poo, let me expl—"

"No. You said so yourself, and I was dumb enough to believe you" she pulls away and took 3 steps back.

Oh, no. No, no, please no.

"Shan—"

"Can't you love me enough to trust me?" the glimmer in her eyes evaporates and now water starts to build up in the corner of her eyes.