Chapter 71

Nieeh | I see orange

Remember when Maroon 5 said, 'All those fairy tales are full of shit. One more fucking love song, I'll be sick.' Goddamn it, I fucking felt that. I never knew I was capable of feeling so much pain and yet could still be so in love with the person causing it.

Everything shatters. From the moment she walked out the door, leaving me behind but not because she wanted to but because I asked her to.

Nothing hurts more than to give up the love of your life. Seeing that person walk away would wreck you to pieces. It hurts, just as much as the day I lost my mother in my own hands.

"H- hey s- sweetie... " she struggles with her words.

"Mommy?"

"Sshh, hey... it's m- mommy" she forces a smile.

"Mommy!" as a child, all I could offer was my deepest embrace and sobs.

"Hey... sshh, it's okay. Mommy's o... o- okay" I felt her grip tightened on my hand.

I barely knew that these type of scenarios in dramas exist but I knew what to expect that what was bound to happen next.

"C- claire honey, could you len... lend mommy y- your ears for a sec... s- second?" even when she could spare her life by choosing to take a rest instead of struggling to speak and cough to her death, she continues.

I unhesitatingly nodded as an agreement.

"You've always b- been my best g- girl. I wouldn't trade anything else in this world than to have you as my daughter."

And as a child, the only thing I could do was pour out of what's in my heart until there wasn't anything left.

"M- mommy, don't l- leave me" for an eight year old kid, I always knew when to accept things that were meant to come even though it's against your will, you're left with no choice but to understand.

"D- do mommy a favor sweetie. B- be brave for you won't always have someone that would take a risk to be with you forever. Live and let live."

I didn't know how ravage I was when the ray of light struck my eyes coming from the sun as it passes across the windows, pricking my eyes as it was almost blinding me. Due to exhaustion, I fell asleep on the kitchen table with my cheeks kissing the top counter.

"Bitch, are you planning on ending your life with alcohol intoxication?" Levi immediately woke up my senses as she grabs for a bottle of milk from the fridge.

"Jesus, you look like shit" wow. What a great compliment to start your day.

"Why, good morning to you too my little sister" I mocked with a yawn.

I slightly groaned when my hips snapped, only then I came to realize, I fell asleep taking a seat on a kitchen table. Geez.

"Why are you even sleeping there? Oh and why is Kõsai sitting like a statue outside of you and Shandrelle's bedroom door?"

I turn to face the dog and my heart sank when our eyes met. It had those pleading eyes like how Shandrelle has whenever she's sad and feeling blue. Its eyes appeared squinty and smaller than usual. Its ears, always shot up, now floppy. 

I could feel his grieve through his eyes. It's as if he's sending me a message. The dog who always waits for his owner to wake up in bed and got out of the room to jump over Shandrelle and greeting her a good morning was his way to show affection and pour all his love to my wife. I—