Chapter 7

Dr. Joss | Prison

Hell.

"Here we are."

I fixed my fringe and adjusted my necktie. Not too tight to strangle my neck and choke me to death, and not too loosen to seemed like I just got out in a comfort room and had a good wild fuck with some horny teenager taking out its raging hormones inside a bar.

This is hell.

"Thank you" I shut the car door and bid my goodbye to the valet.

Each step was like walking in burning flames of lava. As I approach the gates of hell, I struggle to keep up my composure but tried my hardest to keep my head up.

"Joh-eun achim Dr. Joss! (Good morning Dr. Joss!)" the half-eyed security welcomed me to their domain.

Wow. Too much dopamine for a greeting in the morning.

"Joh-eun achim! (Good morning!)" I returned the favor but my dopamine seems to be malfunctioning this morning. I smiled as a sign of politeness.

The clicking of the heels from my loafers were the only thing I forced my ears to hear as I ignored all the eyes darting on me. I felt like I was being watched by Lucifer's disciples as I walk in the runway of their kingdom.

"Good morning doc!" thank God a fellow citizen was found at the scene.

And then there's that one angel you got stuck with for the last couple of years. 

"Morning Andrei, what's my schedule today?"

Right, Andrei Garcia is my secretary. And he's a former Filipino as well. He's been my secretary since then.

"Someone's not in the mood" he narrowed his right eye and showed up a smirk. That became his mannerism. And if you ask me, it's a nasty one.

"Anything new?" I huffed.

"New for you is inevitable doc. Why'd you always have to be so grumpy in the morning?"

"Pain in the ass for you is inevitable Andrei. Why'd you always have to ruin my morning?"

Ignoring the blazing fiery eyes that kept following us, as if we were like a piece of magnet that attracts their metal steel kinda eyes, this became a routine to which I've gotten used to. Every single damn day.

"Guess we're even" his fluffy cheeks reached his eyes, laughing uncontrollably.

"Get it on with it Andrei. So, your job?"

And this conversation also became a part of the regimen.

"Oh right, well umm, you have 3 appointments scheduled this day" he startles and nervously flips through the pages of his chart.

"Oh thank God, I'll be able to escape hell as early as I can" I placed my pen in my lab pocket as I snapped my neck sideways.

The day hasn't been halfway but I already feel like I was too exhausted, way past my office hours.

"You should've thought of that 7 years ago" he drops the chart on his left side and slumps down his shoulders while gaze fixed straight ahead.

Why didn't I thought of that before?

"That was before I even knew how hellish this hospital is, not to mention the piedrecita/o who gives me a never ending migraine speaking their dialect" now I'm starting to regret.

Hospital is a hell.

"You know for a doctor who has already moved here in Korea, you still are having trouble speaking with their language" he played with his pen while we were near approaching our respective offices.