Chapter 65

Nieeh | Threat

The underwater acoustic sound like penetrates my ears, as if I am beneath the ocean's surface, as the wind's current is so strong that it was totally deafening me. I found myself standing literally at the edge of a cliff. Like I was some sort of paraglider that was facing her fears on jumping from a bedrock's threshold just to experience the time of her life, except that I don't have anything on me but only with my clothes on. Nothing that would save me from falling to my death. It's like a suicide attempt.

I breathe hard and heavy. Why am I even here? What the hell am I doing here? As I look down, my blood immediately drains and drops down to the tip of my toe as I witnessed all those pile of humongous rocks below this ridge.

Am I already taking my own life? Is this how devastated I've already been?

I found my answer with a slow lift of my right foot and taking a step forward into the mid-air and just let myself be light as a hen's feather as I fall. Everything was rapid, the wind slapping my cheeks as the water on each corner of my eyes condensed and so I shut my eyes and braced myself for the incoming impact.

This is it. I am going to di—

"Ah! Fuck!" I groaned as a hard object hit the top of my head.

In result, I squinted my eyelids when surges of lights irritated my eyesight. Only then realization comes waking me up that it was all just a hypnic jerk. And that I was in a moving vehicle. My memory refreshes and I almost forgot that I just got out of an exhausting shift at work and then I was freezing to death from outside the company while I wait for—

"Jesus poo! Would you drive carefu— Lev?" except that it wasn't my fiancé that greeted me when I first opened my eyes.

"Missed me?" she cocks her head and took a quick glance at me before darting it back on the road.

Why— why is she here? Wasn't it my wife who fetched me earlier? Am I hallucinating? Or am I still dreaming? Wha—

"Where's Shandrelle?"

"I should be the one asking you that when you were the one who asked her to leave."

Idiot. Dumb bitch. I am.

"I... " I'm lost with words. And instead, a heavy sigh was the only thing my lungs could expel.

"I'm listening" she finishes, eyes still focused up ahead.

Levi has always been my diary. When I have a lot to say, rants and complaints about my shitty life, she was there, she has always been my walking journal. She never fails to lend her ears, she was that great listener that's one of those limited edition and I just got lucky I found one, even more when she, all along was my sister. She always listens, especially when I can't find the right words to say, even when I have nothing left to say. Twice the luck when I got one, for a sister and two, for a wife. She was like Shandrelle, they both understood my deepest silence, where my words fail, they always knew how to pick up those words that I fail to recognize.

"I didn't know jealousy could go that far" I said while getting lost with every raindrop that drips down the rear view window.

"Did she hurt you?"

Hurt me?

"Hon, let go. I don't want to hurt you."

"Lev, she never did" I'm pretty sure the rain's outside but why can I feel tiny drops touch my skin on top of my forearm?

"Take it" I felt her hand nudge my side and just then I realize that those tiny drops were tears.

I was crying. And so I took the hankie. I mentally chuckled when the bright yellow fabric pricked my sight and the tiny birds, with cute lightning bolts and pyramids which were imprinted on the cloth, all then made me realize that my sister is still—