Chapter 78

Shandrelle | Kermit & Teivel

Seeing her standing there, right before my eyes felt like I just saw how my world breaks. Twice the tight squeeze on my chest when I realized she was all along part of the scheme.

"You!" I turn to look over my shoulder from behind to have a sight of Claire beside me who seemed twice as pissed as I am.

The curiosity ate me as I squinted my eyes to see her coming out to the light wearing a hospital staff uniform.

"You drugged me, you bitch!" Claire hisses behind me as soon as she also had a sight of Klaire.

I couldn't believe what was I seeing, nor what was happening. All I know is that everything here reeks danger, everything that's happening and I couldn't think clearly of a plan on how to defend and escape from here when they are armed and I have nothing on me.

"That wasn't part of the plan!" Klaire scowls at Jon beside her and directly shoots her gaze on ours.

"Shandrelle, are you okay?" she asks pathetically worried.

"Relax, a single shot wouldn't kill you" Jon spoke up with pure mockery in his tone. As if he speaks like we're in some sort of a game, fighting against the top spot.

"What are you doing here?!" is what I could let out as I control to hide the beast waiting to come out inside me.

"She, was part of the plan" Aunt Jenibeb concedes as she points her look on Klaire next to her spot while she loads again another magazine into the gun.

It clicks and the old bullets dropped to the floor creating a clanking sound as it hit, metal against metal.

"The bar!" Claire motions.

"H- how?" I looked 'the stupid' when I felt like I was the only one who was clueless of what was happening.

"What great mind you got there Kim" Jon butted in together with his very unpleasing grin that with just one look, you'd prefer to crucify yourself to the cross for admitting that you have committed a sin than to be held under his gaze, even just for a second.

"What are you talking about?" I look pathetic, really.

"I was there. That night when Klaire came looking for you at that bar and she saw your fiancé instead. Klaire and I both happen to bumped into each other and that's where everything clicked" he narrates it amused like he was just telling a bedtime story to a child who's having trouble sleeping.

"I wanted your wife and she wanted you" he made sure to slap me with what they had planned and leaves a smirk, showing his mockery that he finally won against me.

"It was an easy deal" he shrugs as if he just traded his life to the devil.

Which was inconvenient when he is already Lucifer itself.

"You want a baby, right? So take me and let her go!" I felt the grip on Claire's hand on my forearm and as my other ear was still functioning properly, I could hear her starting to sob but she fights to let it out as I could feel her heavy breathing gap.

"See, that is the plan but letting her go wasn't added on the list" my eyes shot open when Aunt Jenibeb targets the muzzle towards us.

"Now, step aside and let me have a clean sight of my target" she aims and before I could come up with something to move, she already pulled the trigger and I heard a ripping effect on my shoulder and just came to a thought that it was the gunshot that tore my shirt and it pierced right through my flesh.

The pain fires as I wasn't able to handle my ear from the first shot, I get another on my shoulder. The excruciating pain wrapped up over my body. I couldn't move and everything rings like a scorching mosquito sound that keeps on flying around my ears.