Chapter 72

Ruby Claire | Bring her back

Claire.

Ma. Ruby Claire Kim.

A name.

Everything begins with a name. It all gets down to a real story.

A fine line between an epitome of Maria Clara as a sophisticated figure of a woman, capable to adhere into a high degree of complexity. And Ruby, fiery radiant red, an image of a motivated woman that screams power. The ideality of a woman's superiority that leads on to take control and have command.

In conjunction, it blares the evolution of a woman's supremacy in modern times.

Ma. Ruby Claire Kim.

And that's how she was made.

I once admired the name I beared. Until tragedy decided to show up and took place.

"Live and let live."

The day my mother was taken from me was the day I ended my tragedy.

The idea based from Korea's IT girl and fashion icon, none other than the Jennie Kim itself brought fashion to history with her greatest ally, together they gave life to introduce it to the industry. With their forces and mixed ideas, together they come up with a powerful name and stand up with 'Nieeh' as their trade name that embarked a good mark in history to which it successfully gave meaning to the world.

And someone who engages in the world of vogue, as aspiring as their work, I was inspired with their art and so I applied the name itself and used it as an instrument that would mold the new and bold version of myself.

In memory of my mother, 'Claire' was the one thing that's left of me to remember.

And that's, how Nieeh Claire Kim was born and began to seek what the world has left for her.

I swore to bury the past in the shadow of my deepest depths and to never bring it back to life. Hidden and concealed into my deepest darkest secret. Tragedy comes to its end and from then on, my past is long gone. It died together with my mother.

Ma. Ruby Claire Kim no longer exists.

Never once did it crossed my mind to bring that girl back. For it only made me remember how my world turned to its worst side. It only comes to crash my world over and over again. How my own father killed my mother with his bare hands just to take out his rage. How he asked me to erase him in my memory and life, as if it was as easy as forgetting how many letters does the alphabet has. How he asked to forget that I had once a father to be called and was easy as pie for him to disown me as his daughter, that I was no longer— never has been one of his kind, like as if we both didn't exist in each other's world. How my life started to crumble upon me when I had to start a new life on my own, to stand with my own two feet. 

I became reckless, created a barrier to never let my guard down no matter how bad it gets. Walls to prevent me from falling and breaking into pieces of whoever may desire to come into my life that would bring harm and threat. These walls grew as my age olds another throughout the years.

"Be brave for you won't always have someone that would take a risk to be with you forever."

As clear as it can get, the thought that was created inside my head of what my mother has told me before she gave in her last breath, I knew then and there that she's right, there's no one else in this world that would take you as a risk that they will always be willing to take. Learn to stand on your own ground and have your own thing. Be independent. 

Never did I plan to bring that name back to life ever again. Until one unexpected night came knocking out my doorstep. One swift, it changed my life drastically. One sweep, and my walls come crashing down. One look, the steel barriers that guards my heart comes melting down. One kiss, and I was screaming for more.