Chapter 34

Nieeh | The Bet

"Fifty-nine!"

"A hundred and forty!" the body of the silverware spoon almost bended as my grip tightened.

"What? That can't be doubled! That's impossible!" she dropped her spoon on her side of the table.

"Come on you slackers, make up your mind" Minávonne was our referee who clearly was now getting impatient.

"Eighty-six! Last call!" Shandrelle smacked the top table with her palms and leaned her upper body forward- with daring eyes, like we were in a heated battle of life and death.

My brain is about to burst as I scuffle on reviving my dead memory. It can't be that low. Just how many was that? I was so sure I've come across an article about that.

Work you pea brain!

"A hundred and fifty! Final call!" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Hmm, playing safe eh?" she leaned back and crossed her arms in her chest as she flashed a devilish smirk. Mmm, hot.

What? No! Not hot!

Well anyways, I know it was a hundred and something.

"No, just my confidence" well yes at some extent. I copied her gesture minus the crossed arms.

"Okay, ready?" Minávonne in between us fixed her gaze on her phone.

Come on! I can't lose this bet! I don't want my divine body be pestered by dust mites for a week.

"Ooh... hmm, interesting" Minávonne mischieviously giggled with pinned lips as she eyes the screen of her phone.

My heart beats doubled— no, tripled. I'm getting a bad feeling about this. I darted my gaze at Shandrelle and this jerk never removed her smirk. Tho she does look hot on it- wait no! No! Not hot! I repeat, not hot! At all!

"You're dead" okay maybe just a little bit hot.

Damn that raspy voice never cease to make my hormones run wild.

"You both losers sleep on the couch for the rest of the week!" Minávonne bursted in victory.

What?!

Shandrelle and I both gawked as the light emits from Minávonne's phone dawned at us.

"No! That's impossible!" Shandrelle protested as she again tortured her palms by spanking the table.

Poor thing, I wouldn't mind switching positions with you and get spanked by he— what the fuck?! Stop it you stupid hormones!

"Well it is, you dork, it's legit lit, see for yourself" before Shandrelle could grab a hold of Minávonne's phone, I immediately snatched it.

"What?! 200?!" my mouth opened a perfect 'O'.

"You two might want to bathe mosquito repellents for a whole damn week" Minávonne stole back her phone.

"I can't believe this" Shandrelle shakes her head as she darts a death glare on the innocent strawberries in front of us.

And I can't believe I have to sleep on the couch for a whole damn week! This is ridiculous! I was sure it was about a hundred and something the last time I checked. Has it changed already?

"What is it with you and that blackhead thing mixed with that sweets anyway? It's weird" she shrugs like she was disgusted as I dipped the berry on melted chocolate.

"Excuse you, this is a masterpiece. You are the one who's weird" I made evident on my scoff and rolled my eyes at her.

"You people really do have some tastes" she stood up.