Chapter 8

Shandrelle | Von voyage

Wanderlust - a strong desire for, or impulse to travel and explore the world.

Travel - go from one place to another, typically over a distance of some length or to an unfamiliar place.

Difference?

We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment. And why do people wander/travel?

I don't know, to escape worries?

Lies?

Life?

See, that's the thing. We travel not to escape life. We travel for life not to escape us.

You want to escape?

You can.

How?

Death.

We escape life through death.

Afraid? Don't be.

Remember that death will always be at your door step.

And so life is a journey, travel, for it not to escape us. Live with it. Seize every moment. Because life isn't really short. It always has been long enough- if you lived with it. If you didn't let it slip away.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay? I mean, alone?" dad asked as if he was a broken cassette.

"15th" I mumbled.

Actually a cassette would've been better.

"What?"

I slid the last item I needed inside my luggage and zipped it closed.

"That's the 15th time you asked me the same question dad" I groaned as I got up and brushed off the imaginary dusts on my shoulder.

"Ah!" I yelp in pain.

Jesus. He smacked the back of my head with the back of his palm like I was some sort of saggy vegetable or that saltwater clam that looks like a dick that erected as it shoots upright when it gets whacked.

"Since when did you become a mathematician?" his right eyebrow perfectly formed a reflex angle.

"I am no—"

Oh wait, hold that thought, reflex angle Where on earth did that came from? Maybe I am a mathematician.

"What was that for?!"

"That's for being a pain in the ass" now I got a flick on my forehead with his long and slender fingers.

To which, I also acquired from him. An asset for me, a good one. If you know what I mean.

"I'll be fine dad" I massaged my forehead when the pain started to bite.

"Good, 'cause at this point, my back will kill me just before I could even step a foot on the plane" really, an overdramatic old man.

Aging really do sucks. I am also sick of this von voyage every now and then. If it isn't just for mom, I probably would've just turned a blind eye over this.

"Hey, if only my professor didn't gave us a stupid project, I would've accompanied you" my brother looked down ashamed, as if he was being blamed for stealing something. He, too, can be the sweetest, most caring brother I could ever have. Truly grateful.

"Would you two stop making me feel like I'm a 7 year old kid that needs to be babysitted 24/7?" I rolled my eyes and shot both my hands on either side of my hips.