Chapter 75

Shandrelle | Lie

You know it's long gone over. Deep down, you just know. Deep down you just feel it. Mentally, you have already left. Emotionally, you are in constant distress. And physically, you are praying for an escape. Deep down, you know. We always do. But it wasn't as easy as walking away to leave it all behind like it meant nothing. When it meant everything, to you.

She meant everything to me. She brought out everything that was best of me. Even the worst of me.

She's my person. My heartbeat. My slow dance. My sunday morning sippin' on coffee in bed.

"When I pick you up from work tomorrow, I'll take you somewhere nice to see the sunset."

She dies to watch that majestic work of nature.

"Really?" such a baby. My baby.

"Mm-hmm. Figured it'd be one way to breathe and forget about that shitty toxic manager of yours. Atleast, for awhile."

She's been complaining about that manager of hers, all day long. 

"Exactly what I needed to hear right now" oh, but the puppy eyes, damn it.

"Love you" and a kiss as a reward is all I'd ever want. Need.

"But I need an Epinephrine infusion STAT started at 1-4 mcg/min for patient L at 301."

What?

"Shandrelle, I need an Epinephrine infusion STAT started at 1-4 mcg/min for patient L at 301."

Not making any sense.

"What for?"

"Rodriguez, wake the fuck up!"

I flinched and my chest rips off as my heart cuts loose on its cage when a loud thud banged my ear.

"Jesus! I almost pissed my pants!"

Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu, the leaning tower of pizza. With a perfect body and a perfect smile. With that wavy jet-black hair she lets loose just above her waistline. Fair porcelain skin that you'd be afraid to leave a scratch. Big light brown orbs, one look and you'd be living in a fantasy. My comrade. My shift buddy.

I've always wanted to pinch that chubby cheeks of hers. She resembles Kõsai's fluffy ears. God, now I missed the dog.

"Ew. Gross" she revolts.

Now, I would want to shot her three times. One on the head, another on the abdomen and three on the leg. Wrap her up with a toilet paper, put her inside a trash bag, those that were as huge as a human that can fit inside and just throw her off in the middle of the ocean.

"Jesus, you look a lot worse than Kung Fu freaking Panda with tits!" a nice greeting, really, as soon as she knocks herself inside the room. Geez.

"Pandas don't have tits?" really, that wasn't a question but a statement. More of.

"Exactly! Worse than a panda having tits!"

The huge round circles under my eyelids must've been that pretty evident. Eyes getting puffier and puffier. Worse than Goob's, on suffering his dark orbs under his eye for over a year, been wanting to have a decent sleep but can't because of his scientist roommate, Lewis. Uses his imaginary mind that is awake at night. Always upto inventing things which causes loud unnecessary sounds that rings the ear that would probably keep you awake 'til dawn.

Yeah, that worse.

"What time is it?" I stretched as I yawned and let my vision adjusts to a clearer version.