Chapter 37

Shandrelle | Keeper, she is

In a world where millions— billions of people revolve around, how can someone find its match? Its bestfriend? Its partner in crime? Its soulmate?

Do you even believe in soulmates?

You'd be dumb enough to go look for them- it's like searching some source of water in a middle of a desert. Or counting sheeps in a livestock farm that is running in circles endlessly. It's dumb, it's stupid, it's impossible.

It's like catching a lightning in a midst of a storm- horrifying and way too risky to dive in just to catch a glimpse of heaven- of her. But you wouldn't mind it because chances of finding someone like her is like one in a million.

One in a million.

Yes.

She is.

She is my one in a million.

She is?

Is she one in a million?

Maybe? I don't know?

Finding your one in a million and finding a keeper is... oh, fuck this.

What does a keeper even mean?

Well, she's a keeper when she

"Uh— yeah. Extra onions and tomatoes please... " she darts her eyes at me.

"... yes, 3 please. But leave one out non-spicy" what?

"Baby, I want spicy!" I mouthed at her.

"Yes, please. 2 spicy and one not spicy" she emphasized it clearly on the phone but it looks more like she's talking to me with her grimace gaze.

"Ugh" my face and shoulders dropped.

"That would be all. Thanks" and she drops her phone.

"Baby, I wanted mine spicy too" and that was a prolong 'O'.

She called for shawarmas. This girl's cravings are weird. First she looks for durian, now a shawarma?

Fucking cute weird.

"No" she sternly oppose.

"But—"

"I don't want you to die out of hyperacidity Shandrelle. So, no" she stresses.

Ugh. Stupid heart burn. Yes, I do have that condition, a tendency where the level of acids in your gastric juices are excessive. This isn't alarming but it could really give you such discomfort. Unfortunately peppery and spiced up seasoned platters are a limit- this causes a trigger to elevate the acidity level in the body.

"I can't stand to see you almost out of breath and about to collapse... I c- can't, so no means no" if only she didn't saw me nearing my death hour when I had to finish that bowl of Ikura-uni kaisendon- her favorite, remember? The Japanese thingy- flip a coin thingy? Yeah, that one. It was damn spicy but I loved it except that my stupid gastric juices couldn't bear that amount of spice. So I

"But I'd like you giving me a mouth to mouth resuscitation when I— ah!" she slaps my forehead.

Yeah, I turned blue and my lungs almost stopped working so

"Yah! Pervert!"

She performed CPR on me.

"I really wouldn't mind if my lungs start to shut down if I get to kiss you over and ove— ah! Ah! Okay! Okay! No means no!" her pulling and twisting my ear became a habit.