Chapter 10

Year 854

"Alright y'all be careful and make sure not to cause any trouble." You say behind the 5 kids as you placed a hand on Kenji and Gabi's shoulder.

"We'll do as we trained." Gabi says to the others.

"Ok go ahead and start before the speech starts." you slightly push them out in encouragement.

You left the room and went back over the HQ going over defense strategy and positions for the declaration of war. Zeke was there and he lit up when you walked into the room.

Completely opposite vibe to what you felt as you yawned and sat down next to him, pulled out your notebook, and listened to the people around you for the next couple of hours.

—————————————

  The meeting ended and you walk into your apartment where you hear footsteps run out of a room to greet you.

"Welcome to the L/n resident sir, I have never seen you around here before. First time staying?" You bow to mock Kenji's absence.

"Haha... very funny. Can you make me something to eat?"He asks looking into your eyes.

"I thought I gave you cash to buy something Kenji, did you spend it already?" you side and droop your head down in disappointment at your brother's spending habits.

"No, that's the point, I'm saving it for the festival, and I like your food." He smiles.

"Fine." You roll your eyes as you walk kitchen to fix something somewhat edible for him.

—————————

Everything is done, Kenji is taken care of, the curtains do not open till later so I can sleep in and relax.

Or so you thought.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Uggghhhh!" you didn't bother to get up. In hopes that they would just go away. You close your eyes and deepen in the couch.

You had on a loose blue shirt that covered your shorts. When you stood up, about to head back to your room for the comfort of your own bed, you were interrupted once again.

KNOCK KNOCK

You stomp to the door and swing it open to be met with none other than Reiner. He had a white t-shirt that pressed against his skin outlining his toned body and long black pants on that you assume to be his pajama bottoms.

"Reiner it is late, what could you possibly want." You groan.

"Can I talk to you. It's kinda important and can't wait till tomorrow." He rubbed the back of his neck as he looked at you with a small smile.

"Sure."

He was about to enter the apartment but instead, you put a hand on his chest and push him out into the hallway cracking the door to make sure you didn't lock yourself out. You leaned up against the wall right next to the door, fold your arms, and look at him.

"What's up?" you ask calmly. Complete opposite tone than what was used just 2 seconds ago.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Reiner says as he stood up straight.

"No." you chuckle slightly.

"Tell me what's on your mind. Maybe we can help each other calm our nerves." Reiner confesses that his nerves are running wild.