Chapter 46

Year 854

"Dammit", Reiner cursed as he walked to the rest of the group. Pieck was waiting at the end of the dock as you disappeared into the boat.

She put her hand down and let Reiner walk by before she spoke, "I hate to say it, but your right. General Magath left us with one final order though..... work together to do what must be done." Reiner glances back over his shoulder and hums.

He was still in his own world. He never saw you look so sad or confused before since you've known him.... "You know she never told her ex that she loved him" Pieck walks up beside Reiner who had his head down.

He didn't say anything neither did he look up. Instead he just listen to what Pieck had to say, with each sentence causing his heart to sink further, "I can only guess what you said to her but, just know if she told you she loved you..... I don't think that's something you should've taken lightly..... especially from someone who lost mostly everyone that's heard those words from her."

  "Ok. I don't have time to think about that now Pieck", Reiner says strictly. Jean and Connie both overheard what Pieck said and looked back out to the boat before side eyeing each other.

—————————

You were numb as you walked into the boat.. If there one word to describe everything that you were feeling it would be embarrassed.

Embarrassed of the fact that you were willing to go out there for someone who had no hesitation telling you he was using you. In the beginning you were aware of what he was doing but....

He took it too far

   "Y/n.... ma'am the ship is ready to take off", one of the mechanics said you from around the corner. The long hallway prevented him from seeing you change your image quick from someone who looked like they lost a puppy to one ready to lead the boat.

  "That's great. Thank you. We need to get out of here as soon as possible, so please tell everyone else to set sail", you walk up to him. He nodded and went to start off the boat. You turned the corner in search for Annie when there was some shaking going on outside.

You knew exactly what it was as your eyes widen and quickened your pace. Not to far from around the corner, you heard some calls and banging from one of the rooms.

  Annie stood in front of one of the doors that you identified to be the one Kenji, Gabi, and Falco are in. She had her back to the door as they continued banging on it and you heard Kenji crying out.

  "That's the rumbling!! Where is y/n!?", his voice cracked and you felt guilty for almost leaving him behind. Reiner was right.... The only family you had was on this ship.

It was unfair to do that to him so you walked up to the door as Annie looked up at you. She was in distress holding the door back and yelled out, "Keep it down in there" You knew that the boat had to leave faster than it was going.

Shit

  "Kenji! I'm here okay? I'm safe!", you nodded to Annie. She was aware of what you had to do so he directed her head to where you needed to go.

With that, you started running until you made it to the fire room where the Azumabito lady was already shoveling coal into the furnace at a rapid speed. You quickly ran up and assisted her.  There was no need to talk and granted you had no time to talk as you rapidly shoveled the coal.

It was hot and hard to breathe in the fire room. You felt sticky with sweat running down your temple but given the double power, you both got it done in no time and the sound of the rumbling was fading in the distance.