Chapter 49

Year 854

Reiner looked up at the edge. The sound of titans turning and the flash catching his attention. The sight before him was disturbing with countless titans falling over the ledge that was once filled with people. There were no words except the ones that mindlessly rolled off of his tongue.

"No.... can this really be happening", he whispers. More titan roars, flashes and bangs filled his sensitive ears. Cries from those who haven't transformed as well. He didn't think much of who was transformed... but he would eventually.

"It went and summoned it's troops.... are you out of your mind", Reiner squinted. In front of him stood the worm-like creature standing tall accompanied by the multitude of titans ready to attack him at command. "There's no way you're getting past me!"

Not thinking twice, he lunged and grabbed onto the creature. It wailed around attempting to fling Reiner off. It was a battle of strength, yet only one could deteriorate mentally. As Reiner grabbed on to it trying to spit it in half.

Anything to make it faulter, yet nothing was making it crack. On top of that the sound of Armin and Eren going at it behind him was replaced by the approaching roars of smaller, yet multitude of titans.

He opened his eyes from straining them tight, to witness something that made his heart sink. Before him were familiar looking faces... titan or not it was clear who started lunging at him.

Connie....Jean....Gabi

At further observation, and in a sort of panic he continued to look around the many titan faces that looked at him like a next meal. His eyes widen when coming across the next familiar face.

It can't be....why!? Mom!?

And right next to her....

Kenji......

Before he could think of anything else, another flash came from above him. One that gave a sigh of hope. Pieck and Annie, appeared to assist him on fighting off the titans and most importantly the giant centipede that would not stop putting pressure.

It was so eager to reach Eren that hope was so far from reach. However, Reiner, Pieck, and Annie still fought for the hope that was still visible.

Pieck...Annie...What must we do to receive our reward?

The effort to just simply hold it back was enough to take up all of their energy. While the Cart titan had endless stabilty, the Female and Armor, were the exception. Reiner's movements started to slow as the mental toll started taking over him.

However, that didn't stop his body from moving. It felt longer than the small amount of time that passed before he noticed Falco's titan flying over them and behind to Armin and Eren. It drove him further to fight.

What he didn't notice was how close he had let the other titans get. As he flung one off his shoulder, there was a sudden pair of arms that wrapped around his ankle.

"What...", he gasped and tried to fling it off yet the grip the titan had was too strong. He looked down for just a split second and it was as if time froze.

His heart stopped as the titan that had it's arms wrapped around his ankle. The h/c hair...... that's all he needed to know; to identify who had turned into one of the mindless titans.

Y/n.....

His eyes stung with tears. The hardest thing Reiner's had in that moment was look away. He grew numb. His body may have been controlling the titan, fighting off something that could shift the future of the world. But his mind went numb. He didn't know how to think straight.....