Epilogue 2

Continuation of part 1:

"Y/n!" "Reiner!"

2 voices....

"Stop hiding my nephew from me!"

"Y'all keep it down! There's people probably still sleep around here!"

4.....

  You and Reiner's eye lids lowered while Micah's attention went to the fence in front of him. He recognized those voices and just like they had the audacity, Kenji, Gabi, Falco, and Connie came walking around the back corner of your house and spotted you and Micah sitting on top of Reiner. Maximus ran over to them and stood on his hind legs to greet them.

  The 16 year-olds didn't hesitant to open the gate and stroll in while Connie stayed behind distracted by your dog. Kenji was the first to speak, "uhhhh...... what are you doing." His blue eyes squinted as he pushed some of his grown out hair out of his face.

  "I was trying to enjoy my husband and child on my day off but, now I have to deal with an annoying little brother.", you push yourself off of Reiner with Micah in hands and handed him to Falco. But before Falco can get him, Reiner cleared his throat. You rolled your eyes and brought a cheering Micah back to you.

"Ummm actually Falco can you go wash your hands.....", you say with a hint of apology in your tone.

  "Oh yea of course", he nodded his head and went into the house. Gabi watched Falco go back into the house and looked back at you and Reiner, you rose an eyebrow and smirked but, she didn't break. Instead she casually said, "I-I need to go wash my hands too."

As she walked off calling after Falco, Kenji was the only one left and he seemed to be looking for someone as he turned around. "Ariel!?"

  "Kenji!?", a faint voice came from what it sounded like in front of the house. He sighed and face palmed. "We're in the backyard!"

  "I know that dumbass! I just feel like it would be rude of me to just go to their backyard without greeting them at the front!"

"They don't care....!"

"Actually I would rather.....", you start but Kenji ignored you and shouted for her to come the backyard again.

A minute went by until you saw a brown-skinned, curly headed girl walk from around the corner. It was shoulder length and styled half up half down. Her hazel eyes would burn trough Kenji if she had the ability to. The closer she got the more her frown at Kenji turned into a smile to you. "Hey"

  "You know if he is ever  giving you a hard time, I have no problem beating his ass for you.", you opened your available arm to give her a small side hug. She scoffed, "I might consider it."

Kenji rolled his eyes and grabbed the back of her shirt to pull her back towards him. "Does the same rule apply to me."

  "Ariel is a sweetheart..... I doubt you will have that issue.", you said.

  While you and Kenji were talking. Micah's wave of pain from his teething, hit and he started crying. Like instinct, Reiner went into the house and brought back a cold pacifier that didn't help much but, a certain someone was there that never failed to make Micah forget the pain.

"Awww why are you crying?", Connie came up. Micah's vision was blocked with tears as he turned and rested his head on your shoulder. Connie walked to your side and bent down a little. However, Micah kept crying as you continued shushing him and swaying back and forth.