Chapter 24

Year 854

An Hour Earlier

"Wow this place is nice", Kenji looked all around.

"What's wrong Mia, scurrying around like that", Mr. Blouse says looking back at Gabi. She was looking around sort of in a panic state.

"Your too nervous Mia" one of the children said while laughing. Kenji pulled on her arm and grouped up with Kaya and Falco. "So, Kaya is there really a Marleyan worker here?", Kenji asked side eyeing her.

"Yes, so stand up tall. Soldiers use this place too." She reassured.

"I'm just glad we'll have a Marleyan we know here." Falco whispered. When they turned around, a blond man stood at the entrance of the dining room. He had an apron on and started talking as Falco and Kenji exchanged a look.

"That's Nicolo, the Marleyan who invited Mister Blouse here. Try asking him." Kaya whispered to them.

Kenji furrowed his eyebrows as he stated thinking. He was about to ask something but Gabi beat him too it and asked. "Why was Mister Blouse invited here? He's not even a soldier."

"Big sis was Mister Blouse's daughter, and a soldier. When Nicolo came to her funeral, he said he wanted to treat us to the meal he never got to make her" Kaya said and looked up at Nicolo as they entered the room, "Personally, I think they were in love."

Gabi and Falco were shocked by what they heard and asked Kaya a few questions. But Kenji was still in his head.

Daughter was a soldier. Fixing her a meal? Didn't the solider on the ship say that one girls last word was 'meat'. I hope I am stretching because if not. This may not go as planned.....

————————-

This is soooo good.

Kenji, Gabi, and Falco all enjoyed the taste of the food made by the Marleyan chef."I've never had a meal this good in my life!", Falco says with a mouth full. Kenji sat next to him keeping the same pace but started chocking from stuffing his face.

"Noah, you need to slow down", Mr. Blouse says laughing a little.

"Respectfully sir, I don't think it can", Kenji took a gulp of water and continued to scoff down the food.

"Just wait until you taste the main dish!", Niccolo shouts from the kitchen.

There's more!!

"Alright are we doing this", Gabi whispers to the two.

"Uhh yea", Kenji gulped and turned to the area where Niccolo was at, "I think he went off somewhere though, we will have to wait till he gets back." Kenji whispers back and Gabi nodded and went back to eating her food.

——————————

"He's back", Kenji looked back at the door once Kaya speaks. "Now" he cues.

"OWWW My Stomach Hurts!" Falco screams outs.

"Are you okay Ben?"

"Was it something you ate."

Kenji looked at the family as Falco ran off with Gabi following. "He actually has stomach problems..... If you excuse me I am going to go check on him, those idiots may mistake the kitchen for a bathroom", he gets up and speed walks of the door. Following through the door they went in.