Chapter 53

Year 854

Smoke filled the air as the titans just disappeared. Most were confused on to what was going on, especially considering they were conscious for one minute and the next they were staring a their loved ones. The few that were in the known of why everyone was back to normal were thinking to what Eren was up to the whole time.

"....now I remember... your conscientious piece of shit", Jean cursed. Tears prickled his eyes while he looked around at everyone slowly getting up. Reiner was right beside him while Connie was a little way in front of him.

"Eren.... you really are a.......", Reiner huffed in disbelief. He was evening out his breathing as he also looked around at everyone.

"...Eren... he said even my mom would go back.... to being human."

Falco searched around frantically for his crush and shouted out, "Gabi!" Reiner slowly got up and walked over to one of the many people he believed he wouldn't see again. His mom stood before him and she had a relief look on her face. Reiner, however, his eyes narrowed, "Mom.... I....i guess I'm not the Armour titan no more", he whispers and looks down at the ground.

Behind them, Falco found Gabi and ran up to her tackling her to the ground. They tumbled around until they hit someone. Kenji was still trying to get up, but from the impact of them rolling to him, he fell. "Guys really", he groans and rubs his head.

Gabi and Falco looked at each other with bright smiles and giggled at Kenji's irritation. To bother him further, they pushed him back to the ground. "Quit it!", Kenji rose his voice a small smile on his face. All three of them ended up laughing until Kenji, stopped and searched the crowd trying to narrow his hearing to point out one voice.

Gabi and Falco knew why he went silent and so they all three looked at each other smirking before getting up to go find you. "She is probably hiding".

Reiner overheard them and took a short glance in the direction they were going before looking back at his mom, "Is that true?....that's great! "he froze. The whole reason he believed his mom was proud of him or loved him for that manner was because of that titan. Yet, his mom stood before him debunking all of that.

"Huh?", he questioned in disbelief. Ms. Braun sighed and wrapped her arms around him. She had tears in her eyes as she sniffed to get her words out. Reiner let her and stared down shocked. "I'm sorry for everything", she said through tears, her voice muffled by his shirt. "Reiner.... this is all I ever needed.", she whispered.

Tears instantly formed in his eyes. He never got that type of affection from his mom, so this being the first time made him emotional. It was a time that he never thought would be to come. He wrapped his arms around her and continued to let the tears flow down his face. He forgot what he was thinking about prior.

They stayed there for a minute while everyone around them were having their own sets of mini reunions and celebrations for the rumbling finally being over.

Jean and Connie also saw the direction the Kenji, Gabi, and Falco took off too and followed just for the element of surprise. Reiner didn't notice and finally, when the hug was over his mom wipe the remaining tears off of her face. "I'll be right back", he whispered and turned around in the same place he saw the kids heading. His mom knew exactly where he was going and before he walked too far, she reached out and wrapped her hands around his wrist.

"wha-", he looked down at the palm of his hands as his mom placed a small black box in it. He didn't have to further analyze it to figure out what it was. His mouth parted slightly but, nothing came out as his mom just smiled softly and nodded. He squeezed it in his hands and walked off.