Chapter 34

Year 854

It wasn't long before they all arrived. While helping take everything out, Kenji observed the setting. Hange was crouched in front of a fire and surrounding it was Yelena, Onyankopon, General Magath, Pieck in her titan form, and Levi still laying back on his slab of wood covered in blankets.. No where were you in sight.

  There was also someone missing from the batch. Once everything was settled Kenji, impatiently sat down next to Falco with every 5 seconds looking out into the woods. Reiner sat down next to Gabi and out of the cornor of his eye, Kenji could see him shifting every so often however, continued to look at the ground. His eyes widen at the thought.

He thinks y/n is dead! But where is she.... I want to ask but the air is soo...... heavy. I definitely will make it worse.

  No one was talking, but Connie broke the silence to question Kenji's earlier observation, "So uhh... where's Jean?" Kenji noticed to his left General Magath tensed and he lifted an eyebrow in confusion.

  The one to answer was Hange as they poured water in the big black pot that hung from a supporting stick above the fire. "He went off in the forest.........with y/n."

  Just like Kenji predicted, the oxygen that was once in the atmosphere seemed to disappear. He seemed to be the only one who kept his calm demeanor.

Starting one by one, Kenji looked ahead to see Mikasa's eyes widen and looked back out into the forest. Armin's reaction was similar, however the look on his face didn't show one of blood lust like her. Connie looked into the forest and back at Reiner.

  Onyankopon was confused of the tension while Yelena just kept her head down. Gabi and Falco looked at each other and back at Kenji.

  Then there was Reiner, his head shot up instantly. His eyes were so wide that they were close to popping out of his head as he looked out to the forest. Kenji swore that he stopped breathing for a second.

  Alright I think we need more context Hange

  "Jeez, it's not only Jean huh..... ", they sigh and grab a potato from the bag next to them, "They are just settling an argument. It's been about 30 minutes; they should be back any moment."

   Kenji got up he looked at Hange who dropped the potato in the water, "Which way did they go.", Hange looked up at him and turned to point in the direction where Jean pulled you from.

He started walking following Hange's finger. There was a pair of footsteps that came up behind Kenji. He looked behind him to see Annie trailing. Not only that but Reiner, sat still shocked by the news.

  Kenji still was hesitant to talk to Annie, so he continued to the forest. Once he passed the first tree, Jean just started coming out of the woods. He had an observant expression on his face, but it was facing the ground.

  "Jean?", Armin from behind Kenji questioned his behavior. Jean just put out a hand and walked up to them and stood next to Armin.

  His eyes shifted around the circle and landed on Reiner. He noticed that Kenji and Annie already went off so he couldn't tell them what he wanted, but he saw Reiner ready to get up.

  "Give her a second. Just one second to breath." Reiner froze and glared at Jean. One that shifted from confusion to anger.

He continued to get up and Jean just sighed putting a hand on his own head, "One. Second."

  This time Jean glared back... ready to stop  Reiner further if he needed to. He was aware about how that conversation you both just had tired you out further.