33 • Going Home

Kyomi POV

I tug at my lip with my left hand maneuvering my car into our gated subdivision. Taehyung's brake lights illuminate my interior as I follow his car with our helpless tiny Lily in his back seat.

Lily outright refused to come home with me, to the home I'd made for us, without her father. Her weak little arms held onto Tae with every ounce of strength she could muster while screaming in Korean and English in the emergency room hallway.

I can't have Tae in my new home. I am still haunted by his tear stained face in my bathroom doorway every night as I try to sleep without masturbating to his voice or crying over the loss of the only man who made me feel like I was worth loving.

I refuse to not be near Lily with her being so ill, so here I am pulling into my old spot in the garage beside Tae's sedan. He leans over into the backseat unbuckling our baby then he stands lifting her to his shoulder.

I see him peck her forehead and adjust her favorite purple dragonfly blanket around her while he whispers a few words into her ear. When I step out of my car, my scarf falls to one shoulder but I am quick to replace it properly.

{{Welcome home, my baby bear.}} Tae whispers. My heart aches at the tiny "yayy" from somewhere in the blanket.

Tae opens the door for me but I hold it for the two of them instead. "She's more important." I say.

"You both are important to me." He replies.

We enter the house and as we are walking through the dining room my petty can't hold itself inside. "I'm sorry to call and interrupt you and your company earlier but I felt like you would want to know about Lily."

Pausing in the living room, Tae turns to me with a confused expression. "Company? I was alone when you called, Omi."

His eyes drop sadly to the hardwood. "I'm always alone."

"Taehyung, you don't have to tell me, but I heard her voice when you answered. I just wanted to apologize-"

His eyes dart back to meet mine. "The only voice you heard was your own."

I roll my eyes, blinking away tears. "Deny it if you want to, but I'm fine. We already know you've had other.. encounters."

Rubbing what I assume to be Lily's back, he frowns. "You are my only encounter, Kyomi." He emphasizes every word in his statement especially the use of my whole name.

We stare at each other for a few seconds until Lily mumbles something from wherever she is in the blanket.

{{Okay, baby bear. We will go to the potty and then off to bed with you.}} Tae glances once more in my direction with a disheartened look before heading upstairs with our daughter.

I place my hands on my hips and examine the room which once held so much love. It no longer feels warm and inviting, only cold and desolate.

The throw blanket Tae and I keep at our corner of the sectional hangs tangled stretched from one cushion to the floor. I assume he tossed it away when he received my call.

Either he or his company tossed it away.

Blinking away more tears that have arisen, I notice the television has dimmed whatever Tae was watching. When I lift the remote, the television brightens again and I audibly gasp in total shock.

It is a home video. The woman that graces the screen only wears a thin white sheet in front of her sun kissed body. She's smiling on a boat in the water as the sun rises at her right side highlighting her post coitus glow, laughing at the recorder of the video.