04 • Date Night 2.0

Taehyung POV

"Hi, Mom," I say over the phone.

"Hello, Taehyung." My mother-in-law replies sweetly. She sounds so similar to Omi through the speaker.

Omi's mother is a wonderful woman. She's such a sweetheart it comes as no surprise where Omi received her temperament. I'll never forget how welcome she and Omi's father made me feel after they learned I cut off all contact with my own blood relatives, including my mother, to spend forever with their daughter.

My mother didn't join Mimi and Father in grooming me. She actually never much cared in the least. Other than giving birth to me, I honestly don't remember Mother playing any significant role in my upbringing.

Occasionally, we would pass each other in our mansion without an exchange as she was busy sipping on her alcohol of choice in her silk animal print peignoir heading to or from her bedroom. She and Father never shared a bedroom to my knowledge.

I don't want to assume, but I believe Omi and her mother have the same sex drive as I've seen the eyes Omi's parents give each other when they think nobody notices.

I only notice because Omi and I are usually giving each other similar looks.

"Is everything okay?" she asks.

"Yes, of course! I was just curious if you wouldn't mind keeping Lily overnight tonight. I'd like to spend some alone time with Omi. We haven't enjoyed each other's company in a while."

She giggles. It's adorable. I will hold no issue if Omi ends up like her mother when we're older.

"Has Omi finally removed that device of hers?"

"No, Mom. I honestly just want a nice quiet evening alone with my wife."

She sighs. "I will as long as you talk Omi into getting rid of that thing. I need more grand babies while I am still healthy enough to chase them around."

I agree. "I will talk to her about it."

"I need at least two or three more from you two. I've already talked to Hobi and Lanni about their end. They are currently on board with the idea."

Chuckling, I reply, "I promise I will talk to Omi, but for the record I am on board as well. What time should I drop Lily by your house?"

"I have a few errands to run so I will stop by and pick her up. Around four good for you?"

"Sounds good. And by the way, Omi doesn't know I've asked you to take Lily. I want to surprise her."

"All evening and night, just the two of you? Perfect make-me-a-grandbaby practice. I hope the actual event happens soon." She giggles again.

I swear I love this woman. She's too cute for words.

--

As I pull into the garage, my phone rings and Omi's name appears on the screen. I smile. Mom must have just left with Lily.

I don't answer, instead opting to sneak into the house with dinner and a bouquet of purple lilies. Omi is standing with her back to me at the kitchen island, her phone still pressed to her ear. I ease up behind her.

"Damnit, Tae! Where are you?" She grumbles.

"Right behind you, my love." I answer startling her.

Omi spins around with a surprised look on her face. "Tae! You're home early! Why did Mom take Lily and why are you here so early?"