03 • The Little Things

Taehyung POV

"Mr. Kim? Yoo-Mr. Min is here for your lunch break." My secretary Ella's voice announces through my desk phone's speaker.

"Yoongi is fine. No need to be so formal. Tell Taetae to haul ass." I hear my best friend Yoongi in the background.

I laugh quietly to myself before replying, "Tell Yoongi I'll be out shortly."

"Yes sir, Mr. Kim."

"Haul ass, Taetae! I'm starving!" He pipes up again in the distance.

I save my work and grab my suit jacket and cell phone before heading to the door. As I make my way to Ella's desk, I see Yoongi standing to the side of Ella's chair with a cheeky grin on his face. The two are engaged in quiet conversation and Ella laughs, blushing and dropping her head at Yoongi's last statement.

He really isn't that funny.

I approach them pulling on my jacket and their conversation ceases suddenly. "Did I interrupt something?"

"Not at all. I was just regaling Miss Cano with stories of how I aided you in legitimately turning Kyomi into Mrs. Kim. It was quite exhausting in retrospect." Yoongi smirks.

I clear my throat uncomfortably and adjust my suit. I raise my eyebrows at Yoongi. "I'm sure Ella doesn't want to hear about that nonsense."

"Oh no! She's quite amused at how much of an asshat you were without my help. I am still waiting on my thank you gift, by the way." He clasps his hands together in front of his body with an I-told-you-so look smeared across his face.

Ella chuckles quietly.

I sniff, embarrassed at my past courtship attempt and quickly change the subject. "I thought you were hungry. Shall we go? I will return in an hour, Ella."

Ella's face is blushed when she replies, "Yes sir, Mr. Kim. I hope you and Mr. Min have a good lunch."

"It was lovely speaking with you, Miss Cano. Have a lovely rest of your day." Yoongi smiles softly.

--

"You were flirting with my secretary, Yoongi. I saw it with my own eyes."

Yoongi scoffs, sipping his Americano. "Miss Cano is-"

"Ella. Just say it. I know you want to." I grin as I sip my juice.

Yoongi exhales harshly. "Miss Cano is a lovely woman, however we would not be compatible. Next topic."

"And would you mind regaling me with the reasons why you would assume such incompatibility?"

"We are not in the same league." He opens his menu and furrows his brow. "How are the eggs here?"

My jaw drops. "Do you think you're better than her? Because that's an asshole thing to say."

"You know better than that, Taetae."

"Sapphic tendencies? I never assumed her to be-"

"No! Just drop it okay? Find some damn food so we can eat."

I lean back in my chair with a shit eating grin. "You don't honestly-"

"Shut up, Taehyung." His eyes stay glued to the menu.

"You don't believe you're good enough for her. Holy shit!" I fake gasp into my hand.

Yoongi drops his menu and pinches the bridge of his nose. "You just don't shut up, do you?"