20 • Going Without

Taehyung POV

One month, three weeks, six days.

It's been one month, three weeks and six days since Omi last touched me. My stomach is a bundle of nerves trying desperately to figure out what I have done so wrong that my wife no longer wants to be intimate.

In the beginning, she blamed it on being tired and understandably so. I try to help as much as I can but Omi being Omi, she wants to take care of things herself.

After the first week, she said she had a yeast infection so sex was out of the question. Since the only female parts I know about are Omi's, I searched it on the web. It said severe infections could last two weeks.

Hers lasted a month.

I tried waking her up one morning after that for our routine love making session and she swatted me away. She did the same thing the next two consecutive mornings. She continues to sleep in panties under her pajamas. I stopped setting our alarm.

Since then, she's always kept Lily in our bed between us or fallen asleep in Lily's bed with her. Omi doesn't kiss me on the lips anymore and hugs have all but stopped as well. I feel like I am losing my wife and I don't even know what I did wrong to be able to fix it.

She gradually stopped looking into my eyes and doesn't care to talk to me any more. My heart hurts and I have cried myself to sleep a few nights.

I decide to try once again for some type of affection from Omi. It's Tuesday night and my girls are cuddled up on the sofa watching some new animated movie when I arrive from work.

I've been working late the past week preparing for company restructurings. My father in law is smarter than I thought he was originally. His business savvy ensures the happiness of his employees and the lengths they would go to for business success are astounding.

The amount of love in my heart when I see Omi and Lily together gives me pause. I stand in the living room doorway for just a minute in silent awe of my reasons for breathing. I finally walk into the room, removing my jacket and laying it over the arm of the sofa.

{{Daddy!}} Lily squalls happily, leaping from the sofa and her mother's arms into mine.

I grab her kissing all over her face and she wraps her tiny arms as tightly around my neck as she can. {{Hello my tiny Lily. Have you been good to Mommy today?}}

{{Yes! Can I have a cookie? Mommy won't let me have one.}}

I hold Lily on one side as I lean over to kiss Omi. She turns her face so I am only able to kiss her cheek. "How was your day, love?" I sniff back my emotions.

"Fine." She doesn't look at me once.

{{Daddy, please? I just want one cookie!}}

"Has Lily been good enough to deserve a cookie today, Mommy?" I ask looking to Omi for some type of recognition.

"No. She made a mess at lunch and threw a tantrum when I asked her to pick up her toys."

{{Tsk, tsk. Maybe you can earn one tomorrow. You have to be good to Mommy.}}

{{Mommy was mean all day. She yelled at me and made me sad.}}

Omi has never raised her voice at Lily.

I clear my throat. Frowning I ask, "Is everything okay, Omi? Please tell me the truth."

"Fine. Come on Lily. It's bath time then bed time." Omi stands and walks away quickly never once looking back.

I find a dinner plate saved for me in the refrigerator. I eat alone, reading the news on my cellphone only half way paying attention. The upstairs is quiet when I head to bed. As I approach Lily's room, I see Omi rocking her while Lily cries.