07 • Meeting Romeo.. Again

Kyomi POV

"Lily, honey, slow down please!" I plead chasing my three year old into the bookstore.

"Hurry Mommy so nobody buys the last one!" Lily squeals as she bounces to the children's section.

Her favorite children's show Oopy Goopy has released a new book with a limited edition Oopy Goopy Tete plushie she absolutely must have. She says he is her favorite because his name sounds like her daddy's and Oopy Goopy Tete makes her laugh, also like her daddy.

Lily disappears around the corner of a bookcase and in my rush to catch up I pop around the same bookcase and face plant into a tall solid figure.

Ouch.

Two hands reach out and hold my arms and a very familiar voice says "Glad to know some things don't change."

I gasp. "Joonie! Hi! How have you been?"

He smiles down at me, dimples unhinged and proud. "Can't complain, much at least. How are you?" His eyes travel my frame -breasts, hips, and thighs- then linger just a bit before making their way back to my face. "You look spectacular!"

I feel the heat in my cheeks. "Thank you. You as well. And I've been magnificent. Busy, but that's my normal."

Joonie and I look nervously at each other for just a moment as our past resurfaces in our memories along with certain feelings we kept at bay. He smirks a bit and I continue to blush.

"So, uhm," he says rubbing his chin in thought, "are you still married?"

I smile happily thinking of my husband. "I am. Four or five years depending on how you look at it."

"How do you look at it?"

"Just celebrated four very happy years together." My smile widens. "What about you?"

He hangs his head occasionally peeping through his lashes. "Still single. I lost out on what could very well have been a great thing five years ago and I've yet to fully recover."

"Mommy! I got him!" Lily squeals as she runs back to me crashing into my leg and holding a book and plushie in her tiny arms. I am thankful for the interruption.

Joonie squats down to be closer to Lily's height and asks in a sweet soft voice "Who is this pretty little flower?"

{{My name is Lily. Who are you?}} Lily replies.

"Wow, you're super smart and I'm not the best at foreign languages." He smiles kindly at her.

"It's okay. Mommy isn't that good either." She giggles.

"Joonie, this is my and Tae's daughter, Lily. Lily say hello to Joonie."

"You are quite the beauty just like your mom, Miss Lily. It is very nice to meet you." His dimples pop.

Lily's response is in Korean and she giggles again covering her face with her plushie. Joonie squints curiously as he stands and looks to me.

I smirk at Lily's statement, it being one I know all too well. "Well, Joonie, I hate to rush off but we have groceries to buy plus it's nearly Lily's nap time. It was great to see you again."

"You as well. Maybe we could meet here for lunch sometime and catch up? For old time's sake?"

My stomach flips anxiously. "Uhm, maybe. I don't really have alone time any more." I reach down and twirl one of Lily's curls. She whines in protest.

"Miss Lily is always welcome to join a friendly lunch. If it happens to be a nice day, we could meet up in the park so she can play. How does that sound?"