thirty four

Joselyn Myers

The difference in settings between right now and last night is absolutely mind boggling. Just 12 hours ago, I was still wide awake and full of energy due to the fact that I was drunk off of who knows how many glasses of wine. It's wasn't just me though, the surprise that Harry had planned for last night was bringing me to a wine tasting with Jeff and three friends of his. 

I was in awe of the scenery presented to us when we arrived at La Vigne De Paris-Bagatelle, which is a beautiful house that was known for hosting big, fancy events and weddings, plus the large vineyard that was kept around the property. Harry rented out the house for a private wine tasting session, and I must say that everything I tasted last night was by far the best wine I had ever had. But it's not surprising considering it was authentic Paris wine made completely fresh.

The three friends that joined us were Patrick and Francine, who were married, and another woman named Estelle

The three friends that joined us were Patrick and Francine, who were married, and another woman named Estelle. They were all very lovely people and they were very welcoming to me in being with Harry. I got the impression that Harry only saw them when he was able to visit Paris because they don't travel much at all compared to him. I had a lovely time with all of them, and once we all had a few glasses of wine in us, it wasn't hard at all to get along.

Watching Jeff unwind was the most entertaining honestly, and it made me realize how tense he always seemed, but he was able to loosen up finally. He must just always have something on his mind or be organizing something.

Harry and I drunkenly stumbled off on our own for a bit after he insisted he take me on a short walk through the vineyard. That resulted in us joining in a messy attempt at ballroom dancing through the narrow pathways of the vines, and Harry falling on his ass when he tried to do a ballerina spin. Of course he couldn't let me just double over in laughter in peace, because he pulled me right down after him. We didn't even seem to care that we were getting our nice outfits all covered in dirt, it was just one of those moments that you get lost in and don't think about anything else but being in that moment with that person.

Of course Harry also took another opportunity to coordinate outfits with me, even if it was just him adding a red handkerchief into the breast pocket of his otherwise all black suit to go with the red, velvet dress I was wearing last night. Something about seeing that small pop of color on him throughout the whole evening made my heart skip a beat.