Bonus 1

Because I love you guys and you're not supposed to start a sentence like that but who cares? 

This is a place for all the rulebreakers!

*******

Li XiWang giggled excitedly, watching her father put in the colours one by one.

"This is going to be great!" Wei Ying enthused, adding the final binder.

The pot started bubbling softly, all seven colours separate still.
Wei Ying stirred it with satisfaction.

"How big do you want to go?" He asked the happy child.

"As big as we can. Otherwise there's no point!"

"True." Wei Ying smiled warmly at his young protege.

He added one last ingredient, watching the liquid absorb it.

"Okay, ready?"

She nodded enthusiastically, and held her arms out.

"Remember, concentrate on your breathing. Channel your energy slowly." Wei Ying stood back, proudly.

"Yes father." Li XiWang closed her eyes and focused.

The pot started to churn, bubbles rising higher and higher.

Both innocent people stepped back, frightened.

Uncle Qiren knocked on the door of the Jingshi. He hadn't seen Wei WuXian in a few days and...missed him.

He frowned when there was no answer, so he decided to open the door himself.

There were sudden shrieks and then a small explosion, just as he did so.

Dazed, he looked around the previously spotless Jingshi to see bright colours streaking the walls and a big hole in the roof from which a seven coloured rainbow exploded into the sky.

The entire Jingshi was an explosion of colours, bright splashes covered every single surface; the bed, the walls, the floor. The only thing that was safe was the table, under the steaming pot.

One adult and one child were completely covered in paint. It was dripping to the floor in wet lumps, making terrible squelching sounds.

Uncle Qiren had never heard a noise like that before. He felt his face, hoping that the wetness he was feeling could be tears of joy, but no. His hand came away in a plethora of colours. His mind could not accept what his eyes were seeing. He didn't want to look at himself, in case his greatest fears came true.

XiChen came hurrying to see what the noise was. He looked up and saw crowds gathering, pointing at the Jingshi from far away, not daring to come closer. He ran faster, his heart in his throat, wondering what could possibly be wrong.

And then he looked right up at the sky and saw the rainbow. His feet shuddered to a stop. And then, as if his brain had finally caught up, he was rushing to the Jingshi to see what had happened.

He was not expecting Uncle Qiren to be there. Covered from head to toe in multicoloured gloop, still dripping in wet paint,  sloshing as his robes moved, which were anything but the pristine white they must have been when he left his room.

Wei Ying didn't know what to do. "Um, Uncle...how are you? I'm sorry I haven't been to see you lately, I was...um" he stopped speaking when his voice went from normal to something only animals could hear.

He stepped forward and tried to wipe his face with a corner of his sleeve, his hands trembling.

He could not believe what had happened.