Part 16 - Huh?

Jimin's POV:

The next morning I texted Yoongi's brother before we left the camp.  Suga was in my lap watching me type.

Jimin:  Hey I'm Park Jimin.  I have your brother's pack.

Jin: Oh hey!  Joonie said you might contact me.

Jimin:  "Joonie" (snickering to himself). 

Suga:  Cute.  Say hi to Jin for me.

Jimin:  So I was hoping you could give me more intel on where he may be.

Jin:  I spoke with Eomma and she said to tell you that he'll find you.

Jimin:  What?! 🤔

Suga:  She knows.  Ask her how I get back to human form!

I scratched under Suga's chin as he seemed to be getting upset.

Jin:  That's what she said.  Halmeoni said, "He's right where he belongs."

Jimin:  I don't understand.

Jin:  Yeah, I don't really either.  But I trust those two.  They get "feelings" about things that end up happening.

Suga:  Feelings?!  They caused it!

Jimin: (Turning to the cat) Hush, Suga.  What's got you all riled up?

Jimin: (Texting Jin) That's weird, but ok.  So can you send me some more photos of him so I can be on the lookout?

Jin:  Sure.  I'll send you a few. 

Jimin:  And say hi to Joonie for me 😉

Jin:  He's right here, so Hi back at ya.

Jimin: 🥰

Jin:  I look forward to meeting you when you get back.  And if you find my bro, flick his forehead for me.

Jimin: Will do, thanks.

Jimin:  Oh, Jin is cute

Jimin:  Oh, Jin is cute.  But not cuter than Yoongi.

Suga:  Swag.

We packed up and hit the road.  It was going to be a lot of biking to get to Paris in a week.  Since we got a late start, we were still only half way to our destination by the afternoon.  We were stopped by the side of the road when a truck with a trailer pulled over.

???:  You need help?

Jimin:  We're just taking a break. I was hoping to get to Strasbourg today, but that doesn't seem likely.  Do you know how much further it is?

???:  It's only an hour or so drive.  Why don't you hop in?  I've got room in the trailer.

Jimin:  Ummm...that's ok.

Suga:  He seems like a nice, old man.  I'll keep you safe.

???:  I didn't see your friend there.  Hi there, buddy.

Jimin:  I guess it would be ok, if you don't mind my cat riding up front with us.

???:  That's fine.  I have 5 barn cats at home.

The old man was really nice.  I shared with him some doughnuts that I picked up that morning.  And he invited us to stay at his farm, but I didn't want to impose further.  Besides, there was a hostel downtown where we could take a warm shower.  He dropped us off on the outskirts of town.

Jimin:  Thank you so much!

???:  Sure thing.  Safe travels.

Suga:  See, some people are nice.  I'm glad you're starting to trust people again.

When we got to the hostel, we locked up our gear and then went to a nearby square for some dinner.  It was nice to get a break from the bike and tent for a night.  There was a quiet cafe next to a more popular place.  I opted for the quiet spot.  After we ate, it was still light out so we wandered around and took some pictures. 

When we got back to the hostel, I texted Tae the photos. 

Tae:  Hey

Tae:  Hey.  Beautiful town.

Jimin:  We're in Strasbourg.  On our way to Paris.

Tae:  Get in touch with Hobi-hyung?

Jimin:  Not yet.  I need to do that.  Surprised he hasn't harassed me about photos for a few days.

Tae:  Did you contact Jin?

Jimin:  Yeah.  It was kinda weird.

Tae:  How so?

Jimin:  According to his family, Yoongi is somehow going to find me.

Tae:  How do they think that's going to happen when you're nowhere near where you started?!

Jimin:  I know, right?  He made it sound like his eomeoni was psychic. 

Tae:  What do you think?

Jimin:  It's nice to imagine that Yoongi is just going to show up.  But I'm doubtful.

Tae:  Well, keep texting me if you find anything.  I'll do the same.

Jimin:  Will do, Tae. 

Suga's POV:

While Jimin was texting with his friend Tae, I was trying to rack my brain on how I can turn back into my human self.  After hearing from Jin this morning, it made me think that everything is going according to my family's plan.  I'm irritated, but also somewhat relieved.  At least they didn't just forget that I existed.  I'd hope Jin would be more concerned, but we've always relied on Halmeoni's intuition.  And Eomma inherited it too.  Must just be on the female side of the family though, because Jin and I don't have that gift.

Jimin:  Time for a shower. 

Suga:  Yes, please!

Jimin:  Of course, you can watch.  You perv.

Suga:  Guilty. 😼