Part 73 - Rothko

(2 weeks later)

Jungkook's POV:

It was the week after the semester ended and I just got home after spending a second day at Big Hit. I had been there with Jimin and Hobi shooting a music video with TXT. While the dancing and hanging out all day with friends was a blast, I was fascinated by the camera work and kept peppering the director with questions. I brought my own camera along and took quite a few photos behind the scenes. Dance was fun, but the camera is my passion.

The other day, I had received a text from my parents that they booked a trip over the holidays and were headed to the airport. Since I had their big house to myself, I decided to throw a small party to show off some of my photos. I was in the process of ordering some food, wine and beer. Thankfully I didn't have to worry about cleaning the place, since my parents have a full-time housekeeper. Ms. Lee even made some mandu and kimbap for me to serve as appetizers.

After coming up with the idea for the party, I invited Jimin and Hobi. However, Hobi had just made a date with another back-up dancer and so declined the invitation. Jimin contacted Yoongi and Taehyung who in turn contacted Namjoon and Jin. I also invited Yeonjun and the other TXT members, but they have a full rehearsal schedule for an upcoming tour.

The doorbell rang and I opened the door to find Jimin. A big smile erupted on my face and I was thinking about how beautiful Jimin looked, until I heard Yoongi clear his throat. He was standing behind Jimin along with Jin and Namjoon. Jin handing me a crock of food.

Jungkook: You didn't have to bring anything, Hyung.

Jin: I was raised better than to come over empty handed.

Jungkook: Come in, please. I hope you didn't have trouble finding the place.

Namjoon: I've been here once before at one of your parents' cocktail parties.

Jungkook: Oh, right. Welcome, please come in.

Jimin and Jin were both commenting on how amazing the house was and impressed with the modern aesthetic while Yoongi just looked around with a blank expression on his face.

Jungkook: What can I get you all to drink?

I brought them into the parlor and started mixing cocktails after handing Jin's dish to the housekeeper.

Jungkook: Isn't Taehyung coming?

Jimin: He's running late due to a new exhibit at the museum.

Jungkook: Ok, well please help yourself to some mandu and kimbap.

They all made small talk for 20 minutes or so until there was another doorbell. I ran to answer it and opened the door to Taehyung, standing there looking like a dream. Somehow in the few weeks since I'd last seen Tae, he became even more beautiful. I think I stood there for a second with my mouth hanging open. Tae looked me over and smirked.

Taehyung: Are you going to invite me in?

Jungkook: Of course, Hyung. Please come in. Everyone is in the parlor having drinks and appetizers. You haven't missed much.

Taehyung walked past me and straight to a large abstract painting in the foyer.