Part 75 - Christmas

Jungkook's POV:

Waking up on Christmas morning, I rolled over and stared at Taehyung's beautiful, sleeping face. The first time I saw him sleeping with his eyes partially open, it messed with my brain. But after seeing him like this for a few days, it's kind of endearing. Still weird, but like him, unique.

Since the other week when I had them all over for a dinner party, Tae has mostly been staying with me. At first I thought he just wanted one more night. But with Hobi off to Gwangju visiting family, I think Tae wants a temporary replacement. Not to say he doesn't like me, but he's made it clear multiple times that we're not getting into a relationship.

It's fine. I'm still obsessed with his best friend and he's well aware of that. Both he and Hobi have told me that I'm never going to end up with Jimin. But then I go out to lunch with Jimin and he starts laughing so hard he topples over on me, or gives me an adorable eye smile, and I melt. I went and signed up for both of his classes next semester after officially adding a dance minor to my studies. It's going to add another semester to my overall degree program, but I don't care. I'm having fun.

Taehyung's eyes focused on my face and he smiled. He really is gorgeous.

Taehyung: Morning.

Jungkook: Morning. And Happy Christmas!

Taehyung: Oh, that's right. What time is it?

Jungkook: 10:15.

Taehyung: We're due at my house in 2 hours.

Jungkook: What are you trying to say?

He wiggled his eyebrows at me and licked his lip.

Jungkook: My ass is still sore from last night.

Taehyung: (Shrugging) You wanna switch? 'Cause I'd be willing ... every once in awhile.

Jungkook: Really? I thought you were strictly a top?

He shrugged his shoulders again and got a smirk on his face.

Taehyung: I'm willing to compromise sometimes.

I laughed, but then got serious as he rolled over and straddled me. This may not be dating, but it's a relationship of sorts. And we're both having fun.

(Two hours later)

We arrived at his family house about 20 minutes late. Every one was already gathered in the living room, but were very cordial when we arrived. I looked around the room and spotted Jimin and Yoongi cuddled together on an armchair. Jimin looked completely blissed out, like he'd had a similar morning to me. I imagine Tae and I looked similarly relaxed.

When Jimin spotted me, he gave me a big smile, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. Even after the amazing morning with Tae, one look from Jimin completely messes with my brain.

Namjoon: Good, you're both here. Good to see you again, Jungkook (shaking my hand).

Namjoon introduced me to all of the Kims, Parks, and Mins present, though I had previously met Taehyung & Jimin's parents briefly at Jin's restaurant.

Jin: Yoongi wants to share some news with us before we begin.

I must have gotten a panicked look on my face, because Tae poked me in the ribs. I was thinking to myself, "Please don't say they're engaged." Yoongi kissed Jimin's hand and stood up.

Yoongi: I just wanted to let you all know that I am officially working as a producer at Big Hit.

His Halmeoni looked puzzled.