Part 60 - Big Hit

(Same Day, early evening)

Yoongi's POV:

I had a noon meeting at the studio and wasn't quite sure who I'd be meeting with. So I was surprised when I was ushered into Hitman Bang's office.

Hitman Bang: Mr. Min, please have a seat.

I think I was a bit shellshocked, but managed to bow a few times.

Hitman Bang: Sit, please.  I've heard good things about you and was impressed with your demos from last year.

Yoongi: You listened to them? It's such a big honor, seonbaenim.

Hitman Bang: I've been friends with Mr. Lee for some time. He often plays me his students' mixes. Most of the time it's pretty average stuff, but your's showed some promise.

Yoongi: Thank you, seonbaenim.

Hitman Bang: I want you to shadow one of our top producers, at least for the next few weeks. I expect you to carve out your own niche here. Can you do that?

Yoongi: Yes, seonbaenim. I will not waste the opportunity you've given me.

Hitman Bang: I'm glad to hear it.

He hit the intercom and asked his admin to bring in Pdogg. In the meanwhile, I was internally doing backflips. Is he the producer I'm going to shadow?!

Pdogg walked in and I bowed to him.

Hitman Bang: Hyo-won, this is Min Yoongi. He's going to intern here and I want him to shadow you for the next few weeks.

PDogg: Yes, sir. (Turning to me) I'll show you around. Do you have a tape with you?

Yoongi: Chairman Bang, thank you again for this opportunity.

He nodded at me as I left with Pdogg. The rest of the day was a blur of meeting people and getting a layout of the place. It was evening by the time he let me go.

PDogg: I know you have classes on weekdays, but you need to plan to be here most evenings and weekends starting tomorrow at 8am. We're recording TXT's new single.

Yoongi: I understand. I will see you in the morning.

When I stepped outside the Big Hit building, I felt like my head was spinning. I was overwhelmed, but in a good way. I realized I hadn't eaten since breakfast, so that didn't help.

Yoongi: (Texting Jimin) Babe, I just got done for the day. Want me to pick up dinner?

Jimin: Yes, please. I just got home from the dance studio and am famished.

Yoongi: Be home soon.

I picked up some chicken, salad, and beer. When I got home, Jimin was coming out of the shower looking like a Greek God.

Yoongi: If I wasn't starving, I would ravish you right now.

Jimin: (Biting his lip) And I would love for you to ravish me, but I'm beat. I've been practicing in the studio for the past 5 hours. I need to get back into shape.

Yoongi: Didn't all the bike riding around Europe help with that?

Jimin: Different muscles.  So how did your day go?

We sat down to eat at the table and popped open a couple of beers. I gave him the run down of my day.

Jimin: That sounds amazing!  But also sounds like you'll be working a lot.

Yoongi: You're not wrong. Between class and the studio, I may not get much free time. We'll have to wait and see how it goes.

I looked over at Jimin and he was pouting.

Yoongi: But I'll make time for you.

Jimin: You'd better!  No, I 'm just kidding. I mean, yes, I want to still have alone time with you. But this is your big opportunity. You have to show them what you've got!  Whatever it takes.

Yoongi: Thanks for understanding.  How was your day? How was teaching?

Jimin: Kind of embarrassing.

I quirked a brow at him.

Jimin: My professor included a clip of me dancing from 4 years ago in the intro video.

Yoongi: I'm sure you looked great.

Jimin: I looked ok, but I was dancing without a shirt and in spandex shorts.

Yoongi: Oh. I think I need to see this video.

Jimin playfully smacked my arm.

Jimin: A student in my first class noticed that it was me and asked about it.

Yoongi: I'm sure they'll forget about it.

Jimin: Oh yeah, and JK is in my second class.  He's definitely not forgetting about it any time soon.

Yoongi: What was he doing in your class?

Jimin: He actually signed up for it. He says he wants to improve his coordination.

Yoongi: Hmm

I was skeptical that JK just happened to be in Jimin's class, but what could I say?

Jimin: At lunch he teased me mercilessly about the video. It was kind of horrifying.

Yoongi: You went out to lunch with him? Doesn't he have other classes?

Jimin: He had a free period. So we went out for ramyeon.

I've got to admit, I felt a twinge of something. I don't want to say it was jealousy, but I'm suspicious of that kid's motives. It must've shown on my face.

Jimin: Is that ok? You don't mind if I go to lunch with him, do you?

Yoongi: Of course not. I'm just surprised he's into dance.

Jimin: (Looking concerned) Because I won't go again if it bothers you.

Yoongi: Babe, you need to eat. If it's with him on occasion, not a big deal.

Jimin: You'd tell me if you didn't want me to, right?

Yoongi: Yes. But I don't want to be that kind of boyfriend. He's your friend. It's fine. Besides, you'd tell me if he did or said something inappropriate, right?

Jimin: Of course.

I stood and picked up our dishes. I was going to wash them, but Jimin came up behind me and gave me a back hug.

Jimin: I'll do those tomorrow. Let's watch a movie and cuddle.

Yoongi: Sounds good. You pick the movie. Pick a scary one, so you need to hold on to me while we're watching.

Jimin: I don't need a scary movie for that (laughing). I always want to hold you. Just like when you were a fluffy kitty.

I groaned at that last bit, but inside my stomach got butterflies, and I smiled at the thought.