Part 74 - Lock & Key

(Christmas Eve)

Yoongi's POV:

Having the past two weeks off has been so nice. Waking up with Jimin in my arms every morning and staying in bed some mornings just because we can. We've gone out to movies, museums, to dinner, and just stayed home and snuggled on the couch. But tonight I have something special planned. A few weeks back I called Jin and asked him to reserve us a private room at his restaurant. I want to treat Jimin to a fancy night out and then give him the Christmas present I got us.

(Flashback to when Yoongi spoke to Jin)

Yoongi: Hyung, how are things going?

Jin: Really good, how about with you & Jimin.

Yoongi: Good, but we've both been so busy, I feel like I haven't had much time alone with him this past month.

Jin: You need to take him out and spoil him.

Yoongi: That's exactly what I want to do and why I called.

Jin: Ok, how can I help?

Yoongi: I was hoping you could reserve a nice table for me at your restaurant.

Jin: Of course. You're not proposing, are you?

Yoongi: No. Not yet.

Jin: Yet?

Yoongi: Of course I've thought about it. But Halmeoni might turn me back into a cat if I do it before your wedding.

Jin: Yeah, that's probably true. So what else do you have planned for your romantic evening?

Yoongi: I've reserved a room at a swanky hotel.

Jin: Nice

Yoongi: And I'm looking for a good Christmas present.

Jin: What are you thinking of getting him?

Yoongi: I want to get him jewelry of some sort.

Jin: You could get a locket with both of your pictures in it.

Yoongi: I thought of that. I'm gonna go to Jongno next week and see if anything grabs me.

Jin: Look at you. Who knew you were such a romantic?

Yoongi: It's Jimin. He inspires me.

Jin: Spoken like a man in love.

Yoongi: Guilty.

Jin: I'll make sure you have a good spot.

Yoongi: Thanks, Hyung.

(Back at Jimin & Yoongi's apartment)

I told Jimin to pack a bag for the night. That's the only hint I gave him for what I have planned.

Jimin: What should I bring?

Yoongi: Dressy for tonight and then nice, casual for tomorrow at the Kim's house.

Jimin: Right. It won't take me long.

Before he ran off to the bedroom to pack, he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a big hug.

Yoongi: What was that for?

Jimin: Because I love you.

Yoongi: I am the luckiest man in the world.

Jimin: You think so, huh?

Yoongi: Definitely.

A half hour later, we pulled into the valet at the hotel.

Jimin: (Arching an eyebrow) Nice