Part 68 - Grand Opening

(Three weeks later)

Yoongi's POV:

Jimin and I were getting dressed up to attend the grand opening of Jin's restaurant. Joon was going to pick us up shortly.

Jimin: Should I go full on suit or just a dress shirt?

Yoongi: Dress shirt should be fine. Jin wants it to be swanky but not uptight.

Jimin: Got it. Are your Eomma and Halmeoni coming too?

Yoongi: Not tonight. They told Jin they'd go tomorrow for lunch.

Jimin: They're gonna miss the party.

Yoongi: I think that's by design.

Jimin: Tae & Joon's folks are coming. And mine.

Yoongi: Oh really? Tae will be there too, right?

Jimin: Mhm And Jungkook.

Yoongi: Oh. Is Tae bringing him as a date?

Jimin: (Giggling) No. I invited him.

I turned to look at Jimin who was trying to hold in his laughter.

Yoongi: What are you trying to do?

Jimin: If they're uncomfortable, that's on them. I've been talking up Jin's cooking for weeks and JK wanted to try it. So I texted Jin and asked if it was ok, and he said the more the merrier.

Yoongi: This should be entertaining.

We got a message that Joon was downstairs waiting for us, so we headed out the door.

Jimin: Joonie!

Namjoon: Min, Yoongs, nice to see you two. It feels like it's been awhile.

Jimin: Tae didn't come with you?

Namjoon: He's arriving fashionably late.

Jimin: I haven't seen him since he started his job. Have you spoken to him?

Namjoon: Yes. Eomma still insists on us coming for Sunday dinner every week.

Yoongi: It's nice that you can still get together like that.

Namjoon: Yeah. I appreciate it much more now that I'm older. When I was in college, it used to drive me nuts. Anyway, Tae seems to really love his work even if it means some long days.

Yoongi: That's good.

Namjoon: He's in the process of helping set up a new exhibit that sounds amazing. It's showcasing the transition from cubism to abstract. I told him he needs to give me a tour when it opens.  Of course you two are welcome to join.

Jimin: That sounds like fun.

We arrived at the restaurant and Joon pulled up to the valet.

Jimin: Nice that he has valet working.

Yoongi: It's necessary. Parking around here is a nightmare.

It looked very busy and took us a few minutes to work our way up to the hostess stand.

Hostess: Good evening, Mr. Kim. We have your table in the back. Some of your party have already arrived.

We got to the back room and Jimin's parents were there with Namjoon's parents already seated. After our greetings, we sat at the other end of the long table.

Namjoon: I'm going to check in the back on Jin and let him know we're here. Be back shortly.

Jimin: How did Jin get so much buzz for his opening night?