Part 77 - The Star Pupil

(Two Weeks Later)

Jimin's POV:

The first two weeks of class were coming to an end and I was feeling frustrated. The classes were mostly going well except for one major headache. For some reason, Jungkook is mad at Hobi again and so our street style class is filled with unnecessary tension. I think I know why they're so antagonistic with each other, so I messaged Tae asking if we could meet up after work. I haven't spent any alone time with my bestie in over a month, plus I'm hoping this may help resolve this thing between JK & Hobi.

I took an Uber to a pub near the museum. He said he'd meet me there for drinks after he got off work. Unfortunately, he was running late. I tried sipping my cocktail slowly, but was already on my second one and feeling the effects. I had to ward off two guys who tried to take the seat next to me. One of them even had the nerve to put an arm around my waist. Finally, Tae came in and shot that guy a look that left him walking away with his tail between his legs.

Taehyung: Sorry, Minie. We just got a shipment in as I was about to leave.

I got up and gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms around me, picked me up and swung me back and forth with my legs dangling in the air.

Taehyung: I hope you didn't have too many problems waiting for me.

Jimin: Nothing I can't handle.

Taehyung: You already sound a little tipsy. Why don't we get a table and order some food?

We grabbed a nearby hightop and a couple menus. I reached across the table and held Tae's hand.

Jimin: I've missed you.

Taehyung: I know. It's been too long since we've gotten together like this.

Jimin: You're still enjoying working at the museum?

Taehyung: Yes. It's great and I've met so many people. I'm hoping that one of those connections will turn into a real job once the internship is over.

Jimin: Is that coming up soon?

Taehyung: I have through May. So I have a few more months.

Jimin: You don't think you'll stay at the museum?

Taehyung: We'll see, but I'll probably end up at a smaller gallery. How about you? How's grad school?

Jimin: Funny you should ask.

He arched an eyebrow at me, giving me a questioning look.

Jimin: Choreographing my own routines is awesome. Classes are pretty good, except for this one problem.

Taehyung: Let me guess, your star pupil is too busy admiring you and giving you puppy eyes.

I choked on my drink when he said that.

Jimin: Uh, no. It's more like my star pupil, and I assume you mean Kookie, is constantly bickering with my teaching partner.

Taehyung: Oh ...

Jimin: And I figure it has something to do with you.

He shrugged, finished his drink, and signaled for the cocktail waitress to bring us another round.

Taehyung: Yeah, so about that ...

Jimin: I thought things were going good between you and Kookie.

Taehyung: I thought you had stopped calling him that.

Jimin: Sorry, it's just 'cause I'm tipsy. I meant Jungkook ...

Taehyung: Food it coming soon. That should help sober you up.