Part 79 - Resolved

(3 weeks later, Valentine's Day)

Jungkook's POV:

It's been a few weeks since I had my cringeworthy talk with Jimin and things have been awkward ever since. I resolved to fix things today after class. I didn't want to mess up our friendship and was hoping it wasn't too late.

I stuck around after our modern dance class and approached him once everyone else had left. He was sitting at the desk working on his laptop when he sensed my approach. I could see his shoulders tense up. He looked up at me with a slight narrowing of his eyes.

Jungkook: Hyung, can we talk?

He pursed his lips and nodded once.

Jimin: How are you?

Jungkook: I've been better. I'm really sorry, Hyung. I didn't mean for things to get so weird between us.

He stood up and came over to give me a hug.

Jimin: I'm sorry too. I should have talked to you sooner rather than letting things fester.

We both started tearing up and when he broke the hug, we looked at each other and started laughing.

Jungkook: I feel so relieved.

Jimin: Me too. I've hated not going out to lunch with you these past few weeks.

Jungkook: Want to go out today?

Jimin: I would, but I have to catch up on paperwork. I'm falling behind.

Jungkook: I can pick up something and bring it back for you.

Jimin: You'd do that?

Jungkook: What are friends for?

Jimin: Thanks. I'll try to be done by the time you get back so we can chat.

Jungkook: How does bibimbap sound?

Jimin: Perfect.

Jungkook: I'll be back in a bit.

Jimin: I'll be in my office.

Jungkook: Ok, see you there soon.

I wandered down a few blocks to one of our favorite lunch spots and ordered two bibimbaps and extra kimchi to go. When I got back to Jimin's office thirty minutes later, he was still working on his laptop. He closed the laptop screen as soon as he saw me coming in with the food.

Jungkook: If you're not done, I can leave.

Jimin: No, it's fine. I can finish it afterwards, I've made good progress. Have a seat.

His office was small, just big enough for a desk and an extra chair. At least he had a window that looked out towards the courtyard.

Jimin: Smells so good. Thanks for picking this up. What do I owe you?

Jungkook: My treat for causing us both stress.

Jimin: You don't need to do that.

Jungkook: Consider it a Valentine's Day gift.

Jimin: Thank you. I don't have a return gift.

Jungkook: Us getting back to normal is the best gift. Do you have plans with Yoongi tonight?

Jimin: Yes, he made us reservations at Jin's restaurant. He also got up early to make me breakfast in bed.

Jungkook: That's nice. He seems like a really good guy.

Jimin: Yes, he's the best. And breakfast was delicious. He's an amazing cook.

Jungkook: You're lucky to have found him.

Jimin: Yes I am. How about you? Any plans for tonight?

Jungkook: I texted Tae to see if he wanted to go out, but he's working late tonight.

Jimin: Oh yeah, he told me there was a fundraiser tonight that he was helping put on at the museum.

Jungkook: Mhm, he's hoping to make some more connections for future job prospects. We're going out tomorrow night instead.

Jimin: That's good. And I noticed you and Hobi have been nicer to each other.

Jungkook: Yeah, we worked it out. Basically, I called him an ass and he apologized. I think you may have had a role in that.

Jimin: I chewed him out pretty good.

Jungkook: Thanks

Jimin: So what are you doing tonight?

Jungkook: I'm going to the new Spiderman movie.

Jimin: Sounds like fun, I hear it's a good one. Eat lots of popcorn.

Jungkook: That will be my dinner (laughing).

I was getting ready to leave when I remembered something.

Jungkook: Speaking of movies, do you have any plans in a few weeks from Saturday?

Jimin: I don't think so. Other than maybe helping Jin plan for the wedding.

Jungkook: My parents are out going out of town again, and I was hoping to have everyone over for a movie night.

Jimin: That sounds like fun. Get Tae to spread the word and we'll lock down the date.

I smiled at him before turning to leave. Even when he's disheveled after class, he looks so good. I'm glad to have him back as a friend, even if I still would love more. I'm adjusting to not getting what I want for once.