Part 54 - Reminiscing

(Later that evening)

Yoongi's POV:

We just got back to our hotel after our tour. We were both tired after the full day of sightseeing and the hike up Mt. Vesuvius.

Yoongi: Do you want to take a shower and then wander out for some food?

Jimin: Can we just get room service and take a nice bath instead?

Yoongi: We can, but we only have one full day left before our flight back home.

Jimin: We'll make the most of it tomorrow. A full day exploring and enjoying Italy, no excuses.

Yoongi: Ok, it's a deal. We still need to figure out what we want to do.

Jimin: (Looking over the room service menu) How hungry are you?

Yoongi: Famished. You?

Jimin: Same. How about steak, carbonara, a large salad, and pizza? And of course a bottle of wine.

Yoongi: Is that too much?

Jimin: I don't think so. Besides, we can have leftover pizza for breakfast.

Yoongi: Good thinking.

He ordered the food and we snuggled on the couch while waiting. We both were looking on our phones for things to do during our last day in Italy.

Jimin: I definitely need to shop for some gifts. I have been bad this whole time. I should've picked stuff up along the way, but I was distracted (looking at Yoongi).

Yoongi: What? It's not my fault.

Jimin: No, you're right. You've only been my distraction for the past 2 months or so.

Yoongi: I was a cat during part of that time.

Jimin: But I was looking for you. You were always on my mind.

I kissed the top of his head.

Yoongi: You're right. I should buy some presents for Eomma and Halmeoni. Even if they did curse me.

Jimin: They helped bring us together (squeezing my hand). We should get them something nice. And my Eomma and Abeoji.

Yoongi: So shopping. We can do that in the morning. In the afternoon, would you be interested in going on a food tour?

Jimin: Ooh, that sounds like fun. What kind of food?

Yoongi: Best of Rome type of food: pasta, pizza, gelato, pastries.

Jimin: Yum! Let's definitely do that. We'll have to skip lunch so we're extra hungry.

There was a knock on the door and Jimin got up to let the room service attendant in. He brought 3 trays of food. Jimin gave him a tip and shut the door.

Yoongi: We might not be hungry again after all of this.

*

An hour later we were both soaking in the bathtub. I was between Jimin's legs with my head resting on his chest.

Jimin: Anything you regret not seeing while you were a cat?

Yoongi: Actually, thanks to you I was able to see quite a lot. You were always really good about bringing me into places with you.

He leaned down and kissed my cheek. Then he giggled.

Yoongi: What?

Jimin: Well you did yell at me if I left you alone for too long or too often.

Yoongi: That was on purpose. I didn't like being apart from you. And it worked. You snuck me into all sorts of places.

Jimin ran his hands through my hair, almost petting me as if I was a cat again.

Yoongi: Do you miss cat me?

Jimin: I miss your fur. It was so soft. You were so fluffy.

Yoongi: Was not.

Jimin: Was too.  Anything you miss about being a cat.

Yoongi: (Smirking) I was going to say watching you shower, but I still get to do that.

Jimin: (Laughing) Now you get to join me. I'd say that's much better.

Yoongi: I miss being able to fit perfectly in your lap and curling up to take a nap on top of you.

Jimin hummed while continuing to stroke my hair.

Yoongi: I miss your scent.

Jimin: What do you mean?

Yoongi: Cat me could smell you from 50 yards away.

Jimin: Whoa, really?

Yoongi: I could smell you coming back way before I heard or saw you.

Jimin: That's pretty cool.

Yoongi: Another cool thing, I could talk to other cats.

Jimin: Cats talk to each other?!

Yoongi: Mhm. I wouldn't say they're great conversationalists, but they do talk. Though when I talked to them, I think they could tell I was different.

Jimin: Interesting.

Yoongi: I remember being chased by a couple of tomcats. I really thought I was gonna get a beat down. But luckily, I was faster than them.

Jimin: Is that why you were so tired after I came out of the museum that one time?

Yoongi: Yup.

Jimin: I'm glad nothing happened to you. I would have been devastated.

Yoongi: Even though it took you awhile to actually say it, I knew you loved me.

Jimin: Cat you?

Yoongi: And me. I watched you fall for me by reading my journal, talking to Jin, looking at pictures.

Jimin: And you never got mad that I didn't tell you sooner? We could have spent more time together like now.

Yoongi: Why question the past? I'm happy now. I think things happened how they were supposed to.

Jimin: Maybe so.

Yoongi: You don't still feel bad about that, do you?

Jimin: Sometimes.

Yoongi: Don't.

I turned around and faced him.

Yoongi: You have absolutely nothing to feel bad about. Besides, it was pretty romantic when it happened. Surrounded by the lavender fields. Me being in your lap.

Jimin: That's true. I could feel the weight increase and when I opened my eyes, and saw you, it was like a dream.

Yoongi: It is a dream. You are my dream come true.

I leaned in and pressed my lips to his. He titled his head slightly and we deepened the kiss. It quickly became more passionate, and our movements caused the water to repeatedly spill over the edge of the bathtub.