Part 83 - The Wedding

(Jin & Joon's wedding)

Yoongi's POV:

I stood across from Joon and Tae watching the flower girl sprinkle pink and white rose pedals down the aisle. When she got to the row with her parents she sat down for a second causing everyone to laugh. I glanced over at Jimin, as he watched the baby with an adorable look on his face. I started to think about what a great parent he would be and my mind wandered to a possible future. He glanced up and caught me watching him, turning his bright smile my way and making me blush slightly.

Jimin was sitting next to Hobi on one side and his parents on the other, a couple rows from the front on my side. Looking around, I noticed that Jungkook was sitting with a well-dressed, older couple, who I assumed were his parents. They were seated on Joon's side of the aisle. Jungkook kept stealing glances at Taehyung, who stood next to his brother. Tae looked stunning in a black suit similar to what Namjoon and I also wore. I looked over at the two of them and smiled. Joon seemed more excited than nervous and smiled back at me. The wedding march began and everyone stood up, turning to see my brother.

Joon audibly gasped when he saw Jin, resplendent in a pink suit and holding a bouquet of roses. Eomma walked down the aisle with Jin, her arm hooked around his elbow. They both looked so happy. Halmeoni was in the first row. She had a handkerchief in her hand, and dabbed at her eyes every so often. I could tell that they were both so proud of Jin, and I hoped that someday they would feel that way towards me. As Eomma and Jin got to the end of the aisle, she kissed his cheek and placed his right hand in Joon's left hand. Jin looked over to me and handed me the bouquet, then the two of them bowed to family and friends. Their vows were beautifully written, and all of us were tearing up towards the end.

The reception began immediately following the ceremony. However the wedding party and immediate family members were delayed in joining while the photographer took what felt like thousands of photos. I was getting anxious to be with Jimin and ducked out of the photoshoot as soon as possible. Halmeoni clicked her tongue at me, and gave me a disapproving look, as I headed towards the reception. I guess she still hadn't gotten over my hair color.

As soon as I walked into the reception hall, I spotted Jimin at a nearby table between Hobi and Jungkook. Sometimes when I look for him, it's as if he's still glowing like the first time I saw him in that tulip field. My eyes just naturally go to him.

Jimin: Hi

Yoongi: Hi

Hobi sat there looking between the two of us.

Hobi: You looked really good standing up there in that suit. Almost as if you were meant to be there.

I turned to shoot him a warning look, and he had a huge smile on his face. I gave him one shake of my head. I still had the engagement ring tucked away in my pocket just in case, but the last thing I needed was for Hobi to spoil the eventual surprise. Just then, Tae walked into the reception hall and both Hobi and Jungkook took notice.

Jungkook: I'm going to say hi to Tae.

Hobi: Me too. Besides, you two lovebirds look like you need alone time.

He nudged my ribs with his elbow a little as he got up to leave.

Jimin: What was that about?

Yoongi: Don't know, don't care. Hi there, beautiful.

Jimin: You do clean up nice, mister.

We both laughed and Jimin pulled me onto his lap. I wanted to kiss him so badly, but was trying to resist since we were at the reception and surrounded by family. I was about to get off his lap when he grabbed my tie and pulled me towards him, placing his lips against mine. My mind flashed to our first kiss in the lavender field, probably because the table decorations included lavender sprigs that gave off a faint aroma. I melted into the kiss. When he broke away, we both smiled at each other. We continued looking into each other's eyes until I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I turned to see Halmeoni scowling at me.