Part 80 - Wedding Cake Samples

(Spring break)

Jimin's POV:

Yoongi and I have spent half the day shopping for nice suits and sampling cake for Joon & Jin's upcoming wedding. Jin dragged us to six different shops in Dongdaemun before settling on his outfit.

Jin: What do you think about this design?

Yoongi: I think the last 10 outfits looked good.

Jimin: And I think you've finally found the exact right one.

I mean the color is perfect. Exactly what you were looking for.

Jin: It is, isn't it?  And I look pretty good in it

Jin: It is, isn't it? And I look pretty good in it.

Jimin: Yeah you do.

Yoongi: You look good in everything.

Jin: (Ignoring Yoongi) Now I just need to get fitted and have them add some custom touches.

Jimin: Ooh, what are you going to add?

Jin: I want some jewels sewn into the lapel.

Yoongi: Actual jewels? Isn't that a bit much?

Jimin: No, he just wants some bling. Add some small crystals to make it shine.

Jin: Exactly. (Turning to Yoongi) Why'd you come? You've been no help, whereas Jimin has been amazing.

Yoongi: I thought we were tasting cake.

Jimin: We are after this. Right, Hyung?

Jin: Mhm.

Yoongi: That's what I'm here for. Just wake me when it's time to do that.

Yoongi sat in a chair and started dozing off. Jin turned to me, shaking his head.

Jin: It's good he found you. I don't think anyone else would put up with him.

It was another 40 minutes to get the fitting and final design ordered before we headed out. I gently shook Yoongi who was fast asleep.

Jimin: Baby, it's cake time.

He opened his eyes and smiled at me, pulling me onto his lap. He nuzzled into my neck, making me blush.

Jin: Really, you're doing that in public?!

Jin grinned at the two of us. I hopped off Yoongi's lap and pulled him up. It was a short ride to the bakery. It was the shop where Jin's pastry chef learned to bake. We were enveloped by an intoxicating smell as soon as we got inside. The sweet smell was making my mouth water.

Jin: We'll need both a wedding and groom's cake. Joon wants chocolate, but I want a more traditional wedding cake.

Yoongi: Good, more for us to try.

We sampled about 20 different flavor combinations until Jin settled on an almond cake with an apricot jam. Personally I liked the raspberry and lemon combination, and filed that in my memory for if I ever got married. We tried several chocolate cakes for the groom's cake, and Jin decided on a dark chocolate cake with a salted caramel and chocolate ganache filling.