Chapter 2

Anu: Sakthi, the director will be here in 15 minutes.

Sakthi MV: It is my dream come true to be styling the leads of a movie. It is a cherry on top that it's a Gautham sir film, a director known for making classy movies. Anu Akka and Dev Anna have trusted me so much and given me this opportunity. I will make sure that the costumes of this movie make a trend of their own.

Sakthi: Ok Ka. I am set. Let me get a couple of water bottles and make some coffee before he is here.

Anu: Sure. Enaku just water. Coffee venam.

Sakthi goes into the small kitchen inside the studio. Makes herself a cup of coffee and one for the director just in case. Picks up a couple of water bottles.

By then Gautham had come into the studio.

Gautham: Hi Anu! Congratulations Mom to be 😊

Anu: Thanks Gautham! It just feels like yesterday that we were finalizing the movie. It's been three months and now I have a baby belly too.

Gautham: Time flies. I know that you have a new member on your team who will be the main stylist for this movie. Her name....

Sakthi walks in and said, "It's Sakthi".

Gautham: Yes that's it. Sakthi as in Alaipaayuthey.

Sakthi: Yes. That's right. It's a pleasure to meet you. I am a big fan of your movies, mainly the female leads. Still cannot get over Maya in Kaakha Kaakha.

Author POV:

After a couple of minutes, Sakthi was going to start presenting when Gautham got a call. "Oh, that's great! Inga va. We will wait." He said on the call.

Sakthi was certain that someone was going to join them but she thought that it would be one of the Assistant Directors. But then she saw someone who was covered in a full black hoodie, joggers, and stylish shades. None other than the Hero of the movie himself – Aadhi. Heartthrob of Tamil Cinema is an understatement.

But Sakthi was unaffected by his presence. In fact, she always believed each person is a hero in their own story. She did not believe in fictional heroes.

He was extremely good-looking, a good actor, and was also known to have a great sense of fashion. Definitely styling him will be an exciting and challenging journey for her because she can try a lot of new ideas. That was the only thing on her mind. Nothing more, nothing less.

Aadhi: Hey Gautham! Hey Anu!

And he extended his hand to Sakthi. "Hi! I am Aadhi." He said in a warm tone. "Hi! Sakthi." She said completing the formal exchange.

Sakthi started presenting her mood board for the movie, sketches, and also some costumes for the scenes Anu had shared with her. Gautham was thoroughly impressed. Sakthi had gone for a very casual yet modern look for the female lead and a trendy yet clean look for the male lead. It was better than he had imagined.

Gautham: Wow. I think you just outdid Anu. Anu I think you should just make her work with you permanently.

Anu had mentioned that Sakthi was just filling in for her during the Maternity break to Gautham.

Anu: I wish! She has agreed to stay and help for a year. Hopefully, she will find reasons to stay in Chennai rather than running away.

Aadhi: I should agree. Your work looks very fresh and new. I might have some ideas to play around with when doing the actual costumes. Good work! Bye guys. I need to leave now. Will see you soon.

Gautham: Thanks Aadhi, for coming here to just see the look! See you.

Aadhi walked out before Sakthi could acknowledge his comment. She did notice that he had taken the coffee with him.

Sakthi found it odd that lead of the movie made time to come in just to see a costume look for the movie, but did not dwell on that thought. Being away from Chennai, she was also disconnected from everything including movies, music, and actors. She had gathered that he was a sensation from Anu but that was all.

Even for the sketches, she had just used a few pictures to get a sense of his style but refrained from looking into more. She wanted her sketches to be original and have her twist.

Aadhi was always a man of few words. His claim to fame was a hard-hitting short film a couple of years ago and a number of music videos. Since then he has done 3 blockbuster movies and was signed for 2 more for the upcoming year.

 He never talked about anything personal to anyone at work. It was only about professional things at all times. He had a very private personal life. No one knew anything about his personal life except for the fact that his dad, Ganesh Kumar is a very successful and powerful businessman in the Cybersecurity space and his mom, Chitra Kumar, is a famous classical singer. He has a sibling, younger sister, Nithya who lives abroad.

Sakthi was happy that she made a good first impression with Gautham and Aadhi. She was drowned in her own thoughts and was brought back to senses when Gautham said "Mithila Palkar dan female lead". Sakthi did know there were a couple of actresses including Rashmika and Malavika Mohanan being considered for the role. 

"Oru new look and fresh pair ah irukanum nu dan avangala confirm panirkom" he finished.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

And that's Chapter 2. Hope you all liked it!

Their first meeting. Nothing dramatic about it. I believe that this Chapter sets the stage for a lot of characters in the story.

Thank you for taking your time to read! Please do vote if you like and let me know your thoughts in comments.

The plan is to update 1 chapter a day. Will see how that goes.