Chapter 60

Not completely proof read. Apologies in case there are errors.

——————————————————

Aadhi and Sakthi settled into their Business class seats on their flight from Chennai to Bombay.

"Nee thoongu ma. Na unna ezhupren reach aana odana. You need to look fresh for the award show tonight", he suggested with that charming smile, and she placed her head on his shoulder still preoccupied with meandering thoughts about why he had the whole group flying to an award show.

Within minutes after the flight took off, she fell asleep like a baby while he did not dare to blink his eye. He had to keep her safe by all means and that meant no room for any distraction or negligence, not even for a split second.

Looking at her adorable innocent face took him back to memories of their first trip together.

Only less than two months ago he was traveling to the same city with a girl who he had known only for a few days and now the same girl was his wife, his whole world, and the love of his life who made every moment of their life worth living, cherishing.

Life truly had turned upside down for him since the first time he saw her making a presentation at her workplace, in the best way possible. And today he was going to give her the same kind of happiness she had brought into his life.

Happiness that was wholehearted, without any trace of her past trauma. Happiness that was filled with peace.

She was in the window seat and that made him feel at least a little at peace. However, his eyes kept scanning the space around them and continued to watch every person that was within a reaching distance from them.

Halfway through the flight, he noticed that a few people changed seats and that their eyes were trained on Sakthi and himself. Though it was fairly easy for him to identify who were spying on them, to lose them as soon as they got out of the flight was going to be a hard task.

Hatching a plan in his mind, he patiently waited for the plane to start descending.

***

Vishnu's men positioned themselves around Aadhi and Sakthi to not them out of sight.

The plan wasn't to ambush them or pull a stunt that will put unwanted eyes on them, but to keep them distracted enough to execute their act of drugging her at the award show with ease.

Although Vishnu's instructions were very clear not to hurt them physically by any means, Nisha wanted them dead at any cost and she had a few of the guys in on her plan. These subtle threats and distractions were far from all the pains she yearned to inflict on Sakthi for taking away her best friend. Her only friend. Her baby.

To see Sathya's heart ripping apart just like how Vishnu's and her's have been breaking for more than 7 years now was the only thing that would make her find peace.

Yes, drug overdose might give her the utmost happiness but Sakthi dying in a car crash was good enough too.

***

"Sakthi ma land aaga pogudhu", Aadhi whispered into Sakthi's ears and caressed her cheeks.

"Aadhi 5 mins", she made a puppy face.

Instead of losing these guys after getting off the flight, he thought it might be easier to stay inside the flight long enough to get out from the back door and Sakthi sleeping like a baby gave him the perfect excuse to delay them from deboarding until every other passenger moved out.

Aadhi pulled off the 'trying to wake her up act'  like a pro which managed to fool Vishnu's men without the faintest suspicion that they might have been spotted and also put on a convincing grunt on his face to make Sakthi believe that it was indeed her fault that they had to walk all the way to the back door of the plane to get off.