Chapter 38

Rating 16+

Sakthi and Aadhi joined their parents and siblings who were all set to leave. Their ancestral family temple was about 40 minutes away and it was their tradition to perform a small ceremony with the bride and groom before engagement.

Though only Nithya and Sathya were getting formally engaged, they decided to perform the ceremony for Aadhi and Sakthi as well. Everything was ready by the time they reached and finished the ritual as planned.

As the engagement is not until the following evening, Aadhi decided to sneak Sakthi away for the day to Ooty. He wanted to surprise her with proper date night. When Sakthi was busy with Nithya, he pulled both sets of parents aside to discuss his plan.

Aadhi: I want to take Sakthi to our lake house in Ooty.

Devi Ma: Nalaiku engagement iruke

Aadhi: Nalaiku evening dane. Morning thirumba vanduruvom.

Ganesh Pa: Pooja mudichtu pongalen

Aadhi: Enaku shoot iruku poojai ku apram. Na avala engayume kootitu pola appa idu vara. I really want to take her.

Chitra Ma: Neenga poitu vanga da. Aana careful ah irunga.

Aadhi: Super Ma. Sakthi ku surprise. Yaarum avalta eduvum solladeenga.

Once he got the parents to agree, he let Sathya and Nithya know as well. He briefed his plan to them and asked Nithya to coordinate with their lake house staff to prepare for a candle light dinner by the private pier.

He made sure to add more security around their house to compensate for his absence. He also called the maids to load the car with the luggage he had already packed on their way back from the temple.

When they reached back home from the temple, Aadhi made up an excuse that he had to get pick up something for the engagement in the evening and asked Sakthi to accompany him. She did know that this was going to be grand affair as their entire family will be attending it and agreed to go with him as it needed more preparations than a usual engagement.

Aadhi started driving towards Ooty and Sakthi dozed off after a while which is exactly what he wanted. He did not want her to find out where they were going until they reached so that he could see her full excitement. In a couple of hours, it was late evening and they arrived at their destination.

She was still sleeping so he carried her inside the home and laid her gently on the bed. She snuggled into his chest as it was cold and held on tight to his collar. He settled next to her and dozed off.

Sakthi woke up after a while and was clueless as to where she was. She saw Aadhi sleeping peacefully and woke him up.

Sakthi: Aadhi enga irukom?

Aadhi: Ooty

Sakthi: Enna olarra?

Aadhi: Nijama dan ma solren.

Her face brightened up like a morning sunshine as soon she heard that.

Sakthi: Epdi idulam plan panna?

Aadhi: Unna date night kootitu poren nu sonen la. Adan. Epdi iruku?

Sakthi: Rombha Rombha azhaga iruku.

She hugged him tight and placed her head on his chest listening to his heartbeat.

Aadhi: Open it.

He pointed to a big gift box that was wrapped up to perfection.

She jumped out of bed and quickly opened up the box.

There was a custom made burgundy dress, a dainty diamond neck piece with earrings and a sleek heel with a hand written card that read,"Will you go on a date with me?"