Chapter 39

Aadhi woke up first after a good night's sleep and saw Sakthi still asleep on his arms with her head on his chest. His thoughts were filled with memories of the previous night and her words "Let's get married" and "I want to be your wife" were still lingering in his ears. She snuggled closer as the cold air reached her skin when he moved the blanket away.

Though he did not want to disturb her sleep, he had no choice. They had a long day ahead of them not just because their siblings were getting engaged but also because Kavya's family and Vijay were going to be there. He would be lying if he said he was not troubled by the unanswered questions he had about her past and how it connects to what was happening in the present. He needed to make Sakthi free of her nightmares before they started their future and today was going to be first step towards that.

Aadhi: Sakthi.. It's 9. We should leave.

Sakthi: Please Aadhi. Just 10 more minutes. Kita va.

How can he say no to this beautiful girl who sleeps like a baby? He snuggled back into bed with her and by the time they woke up it was 11 and they had 50 missed calls from both parents.

Aadhi: Ippo satisfied ah? Shall we leave now?

Sakthi: Sorry ma... enaku iniku muzhikave manasu illa. I wish we could sleep in all day.

Aadhi: Inoru nal kandippa varlam. Ippo namaku neraya vela iruku. Un friend Mr.Vijay vera varaaru.

Sakthi: Aama la... maranduten. Seri kelambalam.

They left Ooty and by the time they reached guests had started arriving. All arrangements and decorations were complete as designed by Sakthi. She had a Gold and white theme for the engagement which complemented the aesthetics of the traditional architecture of the home. She was pleasantly surprised to see Vijay seated in the living room as they walked in.

Aadhi and Vijay hugged each other as this was their first meet in a non-professional setting. Sakthi excused herself to meet Nithya and Sathya to check on their outfits and fittings while Aadhi took Vijay to the terrace.

Aadhi: Sorry Vijay. My hands were tied. Sakthi wanted to keep our relationship private until she set up her career without my help.

Vijay: Hey no issues. I had my doubts since the beginning as I sensed the friction you had with me.

Aadhi: I behaved like a regular possessive and insecure boyfriend at the photo shoot. It took me a while to relax.

Vijay: I would be insecure too if I were in your shoes. I am happy you guys found each other. I have seen her when she was at her lowest though I did not know until later. And, when I see her with you, I can see that she is truly happy. The things I read in her diary still haunt me.

Aadhi: I have not read her diary. She said that she wrote it because she had no one to share her thoughts with and it was her only way to let out what she was going through. I don't think I have it in me to handle what she had to endure to survive and be here today.

Vijay: Trust me. I know what it feels like to know her suffering and its heart breaking. I don't think I can ever go back to the person I was before I read it. And, not knowing what happened makes me crazy. I have tried to talk to her but she isn't ready yet.

Aadhi: I am not sure if I should tell you but she finally did open up about what happened and one of her band mates came by to see her after someone reached out to him asking about Sakthi.

Vijay's eyes widened in shock when he heard the word band mate.

Vijay: Was it Vishnu?

Aadhi: How do you know?