Chapter 12

Aadhi woke up when his phone started buzzing. It was 10 AM and she was still sleeping, snuggling into his chest. He quickly silenced the call and decided to take it later.

He sat there enjoying her sleep like a parent watching their new born. There was no lust in his emotions just pure unconditional love. To protect her from all the harsh negative things in this world. All he wanted was to cherish their bond with utmost care, whatever it was. 

He slowly replaced his chest with a throw pillow and started making breakfast. He was busy cooking when he heard a knock on the door and went to look.

Aadhi: Hi! Neenga ?

Devi Ma: Sakthi oda amma. Neenga?

Aadhi was flushed. He hoped he could explain.

Aadhi: Aadhi... Sakthi oda friend.

Anu came a few minutes later and was astonished to see Aadhi there. She had a teasing look on her face with a smirk.

Anu: Aadhi Neenga enna inga?

Aadhi was in an impossible situation and Sakthi was sleeping peacefully. He avoided Anu's question not knowing what to say.

Aadhi MV: Kadavule enna kapaathu... ipdiya irukanum ... first ever meet with my girl's mom. Cha.... Enna my girl ah? Ayoo I need to breathe. It's going to be fine.

Aadhi said, "Ulla vanga ma. Anu careful. Ava thoongra.. She is tired as we were up late last night. I mean we were just talking and rombha late aiduchu." and his nervousness was evident.

Anu: Nanga onume nenaikala Aadhi... its ok. 

Her smirk made him shy. He tried to wake Sakthi up, to distract himself.

Aadhi: Sakthi ma.. wake up.

Sakthi: Aadhi please ma. 5 minutes. Neeyum thoongu.

Aadhi MV: Enna nanum thoonganuma? Ivala vechuktu na inum enna lam pada poreno therilaye. Please wake up and help me Sakthi. 

Aadhi was looking helpless and that made Devi and Anu burst into laughter which in turn woke her up. 

Sakthi saw them and did not react much. She looked too cool.

Sakthi: Hi Ma.. Hi ka. I will go refresh and be back. Ukkarunga...

Devi felt bad for Aadhi and decided to put an end to his misery. She said,"Aadhi ava night text panna that she came home with you. Rombha kavala pada venam... I know that you are Chitra's son too."

Aadhi was relieved and finally managed to smile. Now Sakthi's reaction made sense.

Aadhi: Please sit. I am making brunch. Vanda odane pasikudu nu solluva.

Devi was surprised to see the way he understood her daughter so well. Although Devi did not really want to ask much, Anu decided to talk to him and walked into the kitchen behind him.

Just when he thought he was off the hook he saw Anu beside him.

Anu: Aadhi enna nadakudu?

Aadhi: Brunch panren. He replied with an innocent look.

Anu: Na adha pathi kekala nu unake theriyum... whats happening between you and Sakthi? Seems like you both have gotten used to each other's company.

Aadhi: We are friends Anu. Avlo dan. She wanted to discuss something last night, so I came over. We were exhausted and we dozed. No big deal.

Anu: Just know that I would be happy if you both are more than friends too. But just stay away from her if this is a casual thing for you. 

Aadhi: Sorry to be rude but I am not that kind of a person. There is nothing casual about this. We are friends and I will stay by her side no matter what.