Chapter 28

Aadhi pulled Sakthi close and whispered,"I love you Sakthi and this is for you" before he started singing,

"Aaha Adada Penne

Un Azhagil Naan Kannai Simittavum Marandhen

Hey Aanal Hey Kandaen Hey

Oar Aayiram Kanavil Hey Karaiyil

Yen Aayiram Iravum

Neethaan Vanthaai Sendrai

En Vizhigal Irandaium Thirudi Kondai

Oh Omana Penne Omana Penne Omana Penne

Omana Penne Oh mana Oh Omana Penne

Omana Penne Omana Pennn Omana Penne

Unnai Maranthida Mudiyathey

Omana Penne Uyir Tharuvathu Sarithaaney

Hoooh Nee Pogum Vazhiyil Nizhal Aavaen

Hoooh Kaatril Asaigirathu Un Selai

Vidaigirathu En Kaalai

Un Pechu Un Paarvaiii

Naganrthidum Kavalai Iraivai

Oooohh Oooohh

Piranthalum Inainthaalum

Uyir Koottin Sari Paathi Unathey

Un Inbam Un Thunbam Enathu

Yen Muthalodu Mudi Vaanaai

Omana Pennae Omana Pennae Omana Pennae

Omana Penne Oh mana Oh Omana Pennae

Omana Penne Omana Penn Omana Penne

Unnai Maranthida Mudiyathey

Omana Penne Uyir Tharuvathu Sarithaaney"

He made sure to keep his eyes fixed on Sakthi throughout to capture her overwhelming emotions. This definitely is one of those moments which will be etched in the memory of each person in the room. Aadhi was certainly a guy who never failed to make his girl feel loved and special in all possible ways – be it the way he looked at her with a twinkle in his eyes, cared for her minutest needs or going out of the way to express his love for her.

Sakthi was not surprised by this act but was definitely caught off guard when he did this in front of both their families. Unable to withstand his intense gaze which was stirring a whole lot of emotions, her eyes quickly moved to look elsewhere but he was not ready to let go of her attention.

He took her free hand to swirl her around only to pull her into his embrace. Standing so close to him she could hear his heart beat racing just like he heard hers. Before she could realize, he took a step back and got down on one knee.

Nithya understood what her brother was going to do and quickly got the tray from Sakthi's hands.

"Sakthi... If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets. You showed me what is it to live in love and I don't think I can imagine a life without you. I can't wait to be your husband." He said with utmost honesty and sincerity before sliding a solitaire ring on her finger and hugging her tight as her eyes welled up with happiness.

Both families were overjoyed to see their kids in love.

Sakthi quickly changed into the saree Chitra Ma had given her and wore the ancestral jewels which included a necklace that has been passed down for 6 generations. Though it was not a formal engagement, it almost felt like one.

They all finished lunch and the childhood friends started to catch up with all that has happened over the last decade. Sathya left to finish work at the music school and Nithya had a recording to attend.