Chapter 1

Netru Illada maatram ennadu – BG song playing

Author POV:

Sakthi has worked all week on these sketches and now it is time for her to present it to Anu, her boss for approval. As nervous as she was, it was also exciting to be a part of the Costume designing team for the most awaited movie of the year – "Kaadal Ondru Kanden Penne".

She had just joined the prestigious studio Anu and Dev a couple of months back. But since then, all she has worked on were these sketches because supposedly this was a huge project. As Anu was on her Maternity journey, they wanted a really talented person to step in take it up. Anu was working 1:1 with Sakthi to give her regular feedback and the D-Day is almost here.

Working day and night is not at all new because that's been her life for the past couple of years since she passed out of Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Even though her move there was due to a lot of reasons, the major one was – She did not want to be in Chennai.

Although all her life she has been in this City, all of a sudden, a lot unexpected things happened and moving away, she thought was her only way to survive. Coming back was not easy but then she felt she was ready to face her fears and make her dreams come true.

Next Day Morning

Sakthi woke up, made her morning Coffee and got ready for work. She reached work and was all set to present to Anu.

Anu never behaved like a boss. She was also an Alumni of the Academy of Art University and has been a mentor to Sakthi when she was studying there. Having known her for a while, Sakthi was almost like a younger sister to Anu.

Anu walked in with her super sweet smile and obviously a cute baby belly. They hugged each other. They were face timing for the most part, as Anu had to be resting. After two weeks which felt like forever, they were meeting in person.

Anu: Hey Sakthi! Finally... two weeks felt too long. Epdi iruka? Did you move into your new place?

Sakthi: Hi Akka! Am fine. Enaku enna? I have you and Dev anna who take care of me like family. Moving in this weekend. It is very close to the studio and your home as you wanted. Eduku ivlo spend pananum en stay ku?

Anu: You will find out soon enough. Ne en kavala padra? We get paid so much for designing and styling movies because the work is intense. The least we could do is keep you comfortable.

I know you were almost moving to Bombay to join Sabya's team but joined us only for me.

Sakthi: Akka adulam illa. Anyway, I would have been 1 in 1000 on his team whereas here I get to be a major part in a small team. I am learning a lot. Am so nervous today to present the final sketches to you.

Anu: I am happy that you are learning. Also why are you nervous? I know that the sketches will be great. I trust you so much that I even have the director of the movie coming in for the presentation.

Sakthi just goes blank.

Sakthi MV: Oh God! Kadavule I was nervous to present it to Anu now I have more people coming in. I am confident that my work will speak for itself. All I need is to just concentrate on that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I have been reading and following a number of authors who write Ashaangi FanFic. Thanks to each and every one of you for inspiring me to write. Always been a reader, sometimes I write poems. But this is my first take on writing a fiction. Forgive any mistakes. 

Please do let me your thoughts good/bad through comments. Excited and nervous. 

A big fan of Ms.Lizzie and her writing.