Chapter 44

With just two more days to go for the impromptu engagement, all hands were on deck as there was too much to do and very less time. While parents started to inform their relatives about the engagement, the rest started to focus on arrangements.

Vijay was going to be out for the next few hours and Sakthi wanted to share this exciting news with him only in person. Though they had a rocky start, he was now one of her closest confidants and more like family than a friend. The only other friends they invited were Anu, Dev and Gautham to keep the event personal and private.

Sakthi focussed on establishing the theme and styling costumes for the event before anything else. She wanted a simple yet traditional set up with a temple feel theme to blend with the Pooja that was about to happen right after the engagement and their attires to match the same.

She sketched a peacock themed lehenga with shades of blue and green to be made with custom kanchivaram organza silk for her and a peacock blue shade kurta in tussar silk matched with a golden kurta set for him.

Perks of being a well-established hero and having an amazing stylist as his fiancé was that they knew people who can make all of it happen in a day's time. Aadhi immediately arranged for her favorite designer from Chennai to source the raw materials and fly in before end of the day.

In the meantime, Sathya and Nithya went scouting for a location to throw a surprise dinner party. After a lot of back and forth, they settled on a lake resort owned by the same chain that hosted most of their company board meetings as it would not just give them the perfect ambience and but also the means to get everything done within the next few hours.

***

Sakthi tried to call Vijay a few times to check on when he might be back but it was not reachable. 

Sakthi: Aadhi indha Vijay enga ponan ne therla. Phone kooda switched off. 

Aadhi: Switched off ah? 

Sakthi: Yaa... its weird because I tried both his numbers. Personal and professional. Both are not reachable. Is that not weird?

Aadhi had a bad feeling about it. However, he kept his suspicions to himself as that would just make her panic. 

***

Hours flew by within a flash and before they could take a breath it was dinner time. Sakthi kept trying to reach Vijay in every break she got but it was still unreachable. It was so unlike him but she had been too preoccupied to dig into it until now.

Aadhi had instructed his security to search for Vijay hours ago but they still could not find much except for the time he left the director's home he was supposed to meet which was about a couple of hours ago.

Sakthi was done with outlining her ideas and sketches to her designer who reached an hour ago. She got out of the guest room which now looked like a designer studio with all the fabrics and sketches lying around and realized that it was 9 already.

She walked into Aadhi's room which was now technically theirs to get refreshed. She mentally bashed Vijay for ghosting her the whole day as she entered but was stunned to see dreamy outfits laid out perfectly with a handwritten card that read, "The night is still young"

The card did not have a name on it but there were only a few people who could pull this off. She assumed that Vijay along with their siblings was behind all of this and it made total sense. 

Aadhi after exhausting all possible means to find Vijay had no choice but to let Sakthi know that her friend was missing. He walked into their room to break the news, expecting her to be worried sick, instead found her with a happy smile.