Chapter 48

The early morning rays woke Aadhi up to the most awaited day of his life. Despite only having a couple of hours to catch up on sleep that they both missed for the most part of last week, he was glowing. Sakthi beside him was still in deep sleep trying to pull him into her blanket as usual.

On any other day, he would slide in, to cuddle and sleep with her for as long as she wanted but not today. He could not wait for the minute to make them an officially married couple. He bent down to take her lips with his which did the trick as he had hoped.

Breaking the kiss, he whispered, ""Sakthi I love you", making her blush.

What better way to wake up on the day she was getting married to this perfect man?

His lips moved from her lips to caress her neck and shoulder blade, but she restrained him from making any more marks.

Sakthi: Kalyanam mudiyara varaikum konjam thalli iru

Aadhi: Apo adhuku apram?

Sakthi: Ottikite irukalam. Ippo po.

Aadhi: Pondati to be... Love you di..

***

In the next couple of hours, both families including Aadhi and Sakthi were all set to surprise the guest list with the last-minute change in plans. Sathya and Vijay got back on time to join the occasion from the hospital after Kavya's family had reached to take care of her.

Sakthi made it very clear that no one except for the two families and Vijay should know about this marriage.

The home was decorated like a temple with pink and yellow flowers alongside countless diyas all over which spread divinity and sanctity, making the ambience much more serene. The background music was subtle and godly, enhancing the heavenly vibes.

With all close relatives from both families and friends Gautham, Anu and Dev gathered for the ceremony, it was the perfect time for the groom to arrive in style. 

Aadhi looked like a modern- day king, just dapper in the peacock blue Kurta and golden pyjama stitched to perfection. Being the perfect blend of exquisite and desirable, he filled each one's sight with awe. As charming as he was to others, his heart and soul were engrossed and enchanted with just her thoughts and his whole being was yearning for her. Sakthi. He felt so incomplete without her by his side even for a second.

Sathya and Vijay stood right beside him on the Mandap that was set up while Devi Ma and Venkat Pa blessed him before he settled on the arrangement made for him. His eyes fixated on the stairs waiting for her to show up and lit up the instant he got the first sight of her lehenga.

Dressed in her beautiful lehenga, Sakthi looked like a Goddess from heaven when walking down the stairs in shades of peacock blue and green that completed her golden skin. With minimal make up, hair braided with malli poo, bangles, Jhumki and anklets that swayed with every move, and the small red bindhi that finished her alluring look, she dazzled like a queen.

All eyes were on this ethereal beauty and none could take their eyes off of her. Her breathtaking glow and blushing smile filled the room with an aura that was hypnotizing. Bewitched and mesmerized in her beauty and elegance, there was a sudden silence in the room followed by widened eyes and heartwarming smiles.

Chitra Ma walked towards Sakthi and murmured,"En kanne pattudum pola iruku. Avloo azhagu Sakthi. Iniki en paiyan pada pora paada nenacha enake paavama dan iruku". Sakthi chuckled at this open statement from his mother.

His eyes were obsessed with her. His gaze never moved away from her even for a split second. He wanted this moment to be etched in his memory to the smallest of detail for him to replay a billion times over. It was more enthralling than any of his dreams. Flawless. That was the one word to describe what he saw that instant.

She felt his intense gaze on her as she walked which made her heart race like a marathon. Her eyes met his and for a brief moment everything around them came to a standstill. She knew this look way too much yet was affected by it just like the very first time when they were at the beach in Bombay. The passion and love in him were evident in his soulful eyes that never blinked since the moment their eyes met.

Love wasn't a feeling anymore. It was him. All of him. Everything about him was what defined Love for her.

She was a part of him, and he was a part of her. They completed and made each other's life meaningful. A life with unconditional and true love. In sickness and in health, in good days and bad, through highs and lows and Loving each other even they have no reason to. They found their soulmate.

The moment she settled next to him, their bodies barely away from each other, all of their wishes became very much real. Their dream was finally a reality now. She was here next to him and in the next few minutes, they were going to be husband and wife.

He leaned in to close the gap between them and whispered, "Few more minutes", in the base voice that never failed to light up her body in a second with desire.

The ceremony began with the engagement. Both exchanged flower garlands and rings to complete the ritual. When everyone in the room was thinking that it was over, Ganesh Pa announced that the marriage is also set to happen right away which left the families stunned. There wasn't much time for any conversation as the priest began to continue with the wedding ritual right after.

A background music started to play and it was a sung by Chitra Ma and Devi Ma. "Sakthi Kalyaana Vaibhogame... Aadhi Kalyaana Vaibhogame" which made it even more personal and intimate. What more could they ask for?

It was a very quick ritual as it was a last-minute arrangement. They decided to only do the kanyadhaanam portion of the wedding where the bride's parents give her away to the bride grooms family but with a little twist. In their case, it was not just Devi Ma and Venkat Pa giving away Sakthi to Aadhi's parents, but also Chitra Ma and Ganesh Pa giving away Aadhi to Sakthi's parents. 

As they were doing the ritual, Vijay noticed Athreya walking into the home. He was freaking out as he did not want any mishap during this auspicious and joyous moment for Aadhi and Sakthi. They deserved nothing but happiness. He was battling within himself not knowing what the right thing would be to do. He had no choice but to be patient and hope that everything goes as planned.

The priest finally gave the Thali to Aadhi for him to conclude the customary tradition.

Aadhi and Sakthi were on cloud nine. Though this was rushed and all of it was happening way earlier than planned, this very moment nothing else mattered. It was just the two of them and their love for each other.

Without any delay he tied the Thali around her neck and kissed her forehead before pulling her into a tight embrace.

"I love you Pondati. Officially Yours.", he whispered just for her ears.

"I love you Purushaa. Officially Yours.", she giggled back in excitement.

Being his was a blissful feeling afterall. 

Being hers was all he ever wanted to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

And that's Chapter 48!

Thoughts?

What will happen next? Keep Guessing 😉

I did not want any drama in their wedding. So kept it all about them. More to come very soon.

Do vote if you liked the chapter and comment away your thoughts. I love reading comments.