Chapter 10

Silence filled the car once they started driving back. Sakthi turned on the radio and it was Malargal keten playing. She started humming along. Aadhi was mesmerized in her voice. It was so much better than his mom's voice he thought.

He stopped the radio to listen to her voice in all its raw beauty. She did not realize that she was singing the song until she opened her eyes only to realize that he had parked the car to listen.

They were in the same place right beside Marine drive just like last night. She was stunned to see that look on his face. His intense look into her eyes made her nervous. She quickly looked down facing away from his eyes.

Aadhi: Beach ku polama?

Sakthi: Namakku early morning flight iruku. Let's get some sleep.

Aadhi: Enakaaga oru 10 mins?

Sakthi nodded and they started walking on the beach in silence.

Sakthi: En inga varanum nu soneenga?

He held her hands which sent a chill down her spine. She quickly removed her hands from his hold.

Aadhi: Enkita en ma edo stranger madri pesara?

Sakthi: Your words hurt me, and your actions did too. I need time to calm down. I was so excited to introduce you to my brother but then a lot happened. I am happy that you and my brother are friends but I am not sure if we are.

He saw her tear up and heard her voice breaking as she was saying those words. Those silent tears spoke volumes about how much he had hurt her. It ripped him apart to see her in pain.

Aadhi: Please ma. I know that my words were completely out of line and unwarranted. I acted in haste. Ena manichudu Sakthi... I won't ever put you in this situation again. 

Aadhi MV: I have to make this right somehow. I behaved like yet another guy who could not trust a girl. I need to make her understand that she means so much more to me that she thinks.

He moved closer standing only inches apart, he whispered "Sakthi en kanna paru. Unake puriyum ne enaku evlo mukyam nu. Give me a chance to make this right."

Sakthi slowly moved her eyes to look into his eyes. It was filled with tears and it was painful to see him so weak and powerless. She wanted to ask him why he was so upset about the call but refrained from it as she did want not make him feel more guilty. 

Sakthi: I am hurt so much only because you mean so much to me.

She slowly held his hands and felt his tears on her hands. She was tearing up too. They stood there until they vented out their emotions. 

Sakthi: Apology accepted. Aana inime ipdi hurt panaadeenga. If you have questions, just ask me. I would be happy to share every small detail with you.

He pulled her into a tight hug and said, "Enakum apdi dan ma. Unkita elame solanum and epovume kooda irukanum... I know I screwed up today but learnt my lesson. Puriyuda?"

She hugged him back and said, "Hmm.. purinjudu."

They slowly moved out of each other's embrace but instantly missed the warmth and closeness.

Author POV:

They reached the hotel and dozed off after a complete emotional roller-coaster. Aadhi woke up early knowing that she would not be in a state to wake up. He called her 5 times before she decided to pick his call.

Sakthi: Ma please 5 mins... thoonga vidu.

Aadhi: Flight miss panna ok va? Wake up Sakthi... we will already cut really close.

Sakthi: Achoo ... sorry I am drained out.

Aadhi: Open your door ... You will see a very handsome man with Coffee and Croissant.

Sakthi: Wow ...

She ran and opened the door. There he was looking like a million dollars, right out of a movie. She was a mess on the other hand.

Aadhi: Just change and have this. We only have 10 mins baby.

Sakthi: Baby ah? Hmmmm.. Yarooo iniku rombha nalla mood la irukanga pola...

Aadhi came dangerously close and in his husky voice uttered, "How can I not be when I am around you?"

Sakthi took her coffee from his hand and ran inside to change. She was flushed when he was that close. She remembered being in his embrace last night.

Sakthi MV: Is he flirting with me? He looks like a Greek god and his sexy tone ... He is making me feel things I have felt before. Is this just a casual thing for him? Maybe it is. I wish he wasn't this charming. I am still trying to get over the way he displayed his vulnerable and weak side to me... Now he wakes me up and shows up with coffee. It's hard to resist when he just treats me this way... I need to stay away to protect my heart. Until I know if he wants me to be more than a friend...

Aadhi MV: I don't know why I can't keep my emotions under control when I am with her. Even her early morning messy hair looks beautiful ... If this continues, I think I might fall hard for her. I have worked so many beautiful and talented women... none of them have managed to make me feel this way. Control Aadhi Control...

She was out in 5 minutes. She just wore a casual dress with the same scarf and her hair tied in a bun.

Sakthi: Let's go. Enna Apdiye nikreenga?

Aadhi: Oh ya ... let's go. Let me get your luggage.

He carried her bags out and they checked out of the hotel. On the ride to the airport, she finished her coffee and they shared the croissant. In no time, they boarded their flight and landed in Chennai.

He had his driver pick them up.

Sakthi: Can you drop me at my parents instead of mine?

Aadhi: Ya address sollu ma.

The drive home was uneventful. They both were trying to behave as normal as possible even when their minds were drowned with thoughts and questions. Before she could get off the car, Aadhi signaled his driver to wait outside.

Aadhi: I will miss you. Edo unna vitutu poga rombha kashtama iruku ma.. Namma ... we are ok right? Kovam lam ilala? Enna miss pannuviya?

Sakthi: Nanum ungala rombha miss pannuven. Enaku kovam lam illa... nethum enaku varutham dan kovam illa... unga mela kovama iruka mudila.

Aadhi: Next epo meet panuvom? Enaku unkooda time spend pananum...

Sakthi: You have a busy week nu soneengale... enakum Mithila looks finalize pananum. Inum two weeks la shooting start aga pogudu.

Aadhi: Friday night dinner polama? Enaku therinjavanga restaurant iruku ECR la. So, privacy won't be an issue. Beach access um iruku. Unaku rombha pudikum...

Sakthi: Na yosichutu solren. Rombha nalaiku apram amma appa va paka poren. I might spend time with them.

Sakthi wanted to sort through her emotions before meeting him. She was not ready to be alone with him yet and he recognized that.

He understood that she needed space and decided to leave without putting her on the spot. The last two days have been a lot to take in for him as well.

Aadhi: Ok ma. Take care. Bye.

She got down the car and Aadhi's car zoomed past her. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

And that's Chapter 10! 

What will happen next? Will Sakthi agree to meeting him? Will they be more than friends?

Come back to know more. 

Please do vote if you like the Chapter and comments your thoughts as you read. It gives me a perspective of your emotions. Do share this with your friends.