Chapter 4

It has been two weeks since the presentation. Over the two weeks, Sakthi had met with Gautham a few times and also was given a brief on some of the initial scenes that she needed to source costumes for.

She has also settled in the new apartment in Besant Nagar overlooking the beach which was arranged by Anu and Dev. It was more than perfect. She did not want them to spend so much but they insisted on her being close.

Sakthi POV

Mounam Melle (Atma single) – Playing on TV

Why am I feeling the need to start singing again? She wondered.

Ignoring that thought purposefully, she started enjoying the styling and picturization of the video. The aesthetic was blissful to watch just like the Yaman Kalyani raga of the song. Even though she tried not to hum along, it was in her blood to sing. 

She was supposed to meet with an AD today to go to the location where the intro shot was going to be shot in less than a week. Gautham wanted her to not only style but also feel free to give her inputs with the Art direction when he knew she also interested in that aspect of film making.

She drove herself in her car to the location.

At the location:

When she got down of the car, it was one beautiful day. And the location was just like a classic GVM style Café set in a laid-back resort outside Chennai.

She was trying to find the AD, but instead found Aadhi there. She was surprised and unconsciously, she had a smile. Somehow, even their brief meeting had made her feel at ease. She felt a good vibe around him and for the first time after a number of years, she felt an unknown calmness when talking with him.

He looked perfect with a loose fitted tee and grey trousers. He was talking to someone on set and before she could reach out, the AD walked up to her and started talking.

She got into the conversation about the set and before she could recognize he was standing beside her. He maintained a safe distance to make sure she was not uncomfortable. Once she finished her conversation, she turned to look at him.

"We are flying to Bombay tomorrow." he said. Sakthi was not sure what he meant by that and she asked "What? "with a confused look.

Aadhi: Didn't Gautham tell you? He mentioned that you had a couple of designers you wanted to check out.

Sakthi: Ya I know that I am going. I just did not know that you were coming too. Sorry if it came across as rude.

Aadhi smiled and that was the most charming smile Sakthi had ever seen in person.

Aadhi: It was not rude. Even I just got to know that we are flying together. I had an interview to finish there. So, he got tickets together.

Sakthi was lost in her thoughts and missed listening.

Sakthi MV: Now I know why girls go crazy on this guy. He does have a killer smile and obviously looks like the next Madhavan of Tamil Cinema. 

Sakthi was one of those girls who was not really attracted by the looks. The first time they met, she was presenting and then they met at night and it was a very brief meet. This was the first time she was actually looking at him this close in person. 

Aadhi: You thinking something?

Sakthi: What? Sorry I missed what you said.

Aadhi: Onum illa Sakthi. Enakum ippo dan theriyum nu sonen

Sakthi: Sure, got it. I will see you tomorrow at the airport.

Aadhi: I can pick you up at your place. We have a very early flight and it might be better to just go together.