Chapter 40

The performance went on about 15 minutes and exactly when it ended, the lights came back on. Before Sakthi could get out of her enthralled state after the hypnotizing performance, Aadhi was back, standing next to her and his hands moved to her bare waist to pull her closer which brought her back to senses.

Sakthi: Aadhi enna panra? Elarum irukanga. Yaarachu paka poranga. Thalli po.

Aadhi: En return gift ippove venum.

Sakthi: Paduthadha Aadhi.

She tried to move away when he tightened his grip on her waist. She tried hard to control her moan as they were surrounded by all their relatives who were on stage to wish the engaged couple. She understood that Aadhi was not going to take no for an answer, not at this moment.

Sakthi: Terrace ku po. Na varen.

She felt his grip loosen and sighed to express her relief. At times, the most sensible man becomes an adamant adorable baby and it was impossible for her to say no when he behaved that way.

Aadhi went up to the terrace without anyone noticing. When Sakthi was about to leave, a couple of relatives started to gather around around and bombard her with questions. She tried to answer all their questions with respect and patience, but it was getting awkward with every passing question. One of Aadhi's aunts in particular was commenting about how she saw Sakthi come out of Aadhi's room and asked if she was trying to seduce Aadhi for his father's wealth. On a normal day, Sakthi would not mind some random relative commenting about her, but the same after knowing that her brother was engaged to Aadhi's sister was making her infuriated.

Aadhi who was waiting in the terrace for the past 15 minutes lost his patience and was sure that something was off. He started to search for Sakthi and found her in front of his room surrounded by his relatives. He walked as fast as he could and noticed that her eyes were welled up. Nithya was indeed right about his relatives being rude and insensitive but he never thought anyone had the guts to cross him.

He heard his aunt interrogating Sakthi like she had committed a murder.

Perimma: Sollu ma. Avan dan edo unkita vandu orasi ninna, nee thalli poga vendi dane. Ozhukkamana ponna irunda apdi dane irukanum?

Athai: Ivlo sothu iruku, yaaruku dan aasa irukaadu. Namma Aadhi matum enna? Avan hero. Adan valachu podlam nu paakra. Vekkame ilaya ma unaku? Paakave mudila idellam.

He could not stand it any further. He moved everyone away and stood next to her with his hands wrapped around her. The tears that were welled up, instantly started to roll down her cheeks.

Aadhi: Sakthi ma... Enna paaru.

She could not control her tears and remained silent.

Aadhi: Ungalku avala pathi enna theriyum nu ipdilam pesreenga?

His eyes were blood red and his tone was fuming with anger.

Perimma: Nee kathi pesardaala idulam seri agadu Aadhi. Ippo kooda paaru thalli poraala nu? Asingama ilaya ma unaku?

Aadhi: Perimma inoru vaartha avala pathi pesineenga, indha veetla inime jenmathuku neenga vara mudiyaadu.

Athai: Apdina indha ponnu enga elara vidayum mukyam apdi dane? Iva yaaru da? ippo vandhava Dhaane? Un thangachi kalyanam panna pora paiyanoda thangachi. Adukulla indha Perimma, athai vida lam mukyama poitaala?

Aadhi: Aama ava dan elara vidayum mukyam. Ava dan enaku Elame.

Chitra Ma saw the crowd and walked closer to know what was happening. She heard her son trying to be as patient as he can be owing to the occasion. She knew for sure if this was any other day, his first reaction would have been to throw out whoever it was out of the home without blinking an eyelid. She was proud of the man her son was with Sakthi.