Chapter 25

Sakthi could not sleep the whole night as she was preoccupied with memories of her past and the things Vijay had said. She could imagine the pain that Vijay had gone through when he had read her diary and she felt so responsible for it.

She opened the first page of her diary and started reading it.

"I don't think I can survive this. The pain is unbearable. How could my friends believe a random stranger over me? Aren't friends supposed to believe in you no matter what, even when you don't trust yourself.

Is being a singer such a big mistake? Is wanting to entertain people a mistake?

I don't know a life without music but I think I just have to start fresh because I will never be able to forget what happened or why it happened.

I feel dead inside of me as I am writing these words. But I will live because I am stronger than this."

She could not read more than that and she cried herself to sleep.

The next morning came sooner than expected. They all woke up and refreshed. Sathya had asked Nithya to join him on his drive to see the music school if she wanted to and Nithya gladly agreed.

It was around 11 AM when Nithya and Sathya left. Aadhi had to go to screen test that Gautham was having for the friend role. As he was getting ready to leave, he got a text from Gautham.

"Can we meet alone at my place around 12? I need to talk about something that happened. Don't mention this to Sakthi yet."

It was weird that Gautham asked to meet at 12, when the screen test was supposed to happen. It sounded serious. He hated to keep this from Sakthi but as it was a specific request from Gautham, he did not want to complicate it.

Aadhi: Sakthi I will go to the screen test and be back.

Sakthi: Ok Aadhi. Evening beach porom dane?

Aadhi: Kandippa ma. Will be back. I will drop you at your parents' place when I am going and I will pick you up in the evening.

Sakthi: Ok ma..

Aadhi's mind was filled with questions when Sakthi's mind was filled with a strange anxiety.

***

Aadhi reached Gautham's home which was built in a modern and minimalist look just like him. He has been here before when they had done story table reads. He loved his vibe and found a great guide in him.

As he walked in, he was greeted by Gautham.

Gautham: Ulla va Aadhi.

Aadhi: Your message was very serious. Edachu problem ah?

Gautham: Problem ah nu therila ... aana somewhere edo onu idikudu.

Aadhi: Purila Gautham

Gautham: Vijay called last night and said he wants to do the friend role in our movie

Aadhi: Friend role ah? Why would he want that anyway?

Gautham: I don't know. Aana enaku enamo Sakthi kaaga panra madri thonudu.

Aadhi: Yesterday Sakthi went to meet with him but then something else happened and we never got to talk about it. I will check with her.

Gautham: Adulam theva illa. I wanted to let you know myself before you came on set for shooting on Monday. I know this is not going to be an easy situation but I know that you will handle it.

Aadhi: Aama Gautham. Avala enaku theriyum and she will handle him fine. Aniku photoshoot la konjam possessive ah irunden but then she knocked sense into me.